The Samsung Galaxy S24
bwpeabody's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 7th, 2014 3:58 AM

Samsung Galaxy S5 not receiving or sending messages

This phone hasn't had any issues prior to this and is only a couple months old. Recently, it's not been sending messages or receiving messages. Any quick fix to this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

9 years ago

bwpeabody,

Thanks for your inquiry. There's a couple of steps we can try if you're not able to send messages.

First, go to Settings>Applications>Application manager>All>Messaging and clear the cache.

Under Settings>Applications>Application manager>All press the Settings icon and select Reset App Preferences

Also, reach out to AT&T to confirm your messaging is active and correctly set up on your account. Tell us if this helps. 

Thanks,

Samsung Support ^Kov

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hello

As a heads up this is a huge problem with this phone across the networks. I have an att s5 that experiences the same issues (won't send text messages). Not sure how the fix would work on this, but many people across all networks are experiencing this. I have become incredibly frustrated over the last 2 months because of this. Really hope this changes.

Thanks

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

@Samsung wrote:

bwpeabody,

Thanks for your inquiry. There's a couple of steps we can try if you're not able to send messages.

First, go to Settings>Applications>Application manager>All>Messaging and clear the cache.

Under Settings>Applications>Application manager>All press the Settings icon and select Reset App Preferences

Also, reach out to AT&T to confirm your messaging is active and correctly set up on your account. Tell us if this helps. 

Thanks,

Samsung Support ^Kov

My phone stopped sending text messages this morning.

None of these suggestions worked. What is the next stage if none of these help?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am having trouble recieving messages. This is a problem because people contact me on my cell phone for work and I am unable to recieve their messages. I frequently do not receive messages. This problem arose for me after I upgraded my phone to Android 6.0.1. I am thinking that this issue has something to do with software. My phone als obegan randomly resetting after the update.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

i have the same problem as cheezmo95.  i get some messages but not all.  

cheezmo, have you figured out how to resolve the issue?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I am also having the same issue I spoke with someone at AT&T who logged into phone to trouble shoot but it hasn't fixed the issue.  I randomly do not get texts it seems i get the majority but some never get received.  My issue also seem to coincide with the android 6.0 update 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hey all, I'm in the same boat with my Galaxy S5 It appears to be after an update 2 months ago I randomly won't receive texts from people when I've confirmed they sent and recieved my texts. INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Same problem with my S4. I've been to several AT&T techs and they don't know what's up. One said there was an internal AT&T problem. It's weird because all of a sudden they'll come in all at once after a few days of nothing. Probably have to change phone companies as AT&T is not able to solve the issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I tried all the above and also taking out the battery for 4-5 minutes, but it still doesn't work. Any other fix for this issue?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.