Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update

Highlighted
Contributor

Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update

When will the samsung galaxy s5 get the update for android lollipop and why is my phone not able to get android 4.4.4

Message 1 of 226
Ambassador

Re: samsung galaxy s5 lollipop update

Hi@manviruz, 

Thanks for reaching out. We apologize for the experience. We are happy to answer your questions today.  It looks like at this time, the latest version of the software released for the device is 4.4.2. We have no information on any updates at this time. We invite you to check back in the future for futher updates.  You can also check for the latest Kitkat updates for your device here: http://bit.ly/1zdTn0G. ^Jake 

Samsung Support

Message 2 of 226
Voyager

XT1058 Lollipop update

When will AT&T roll out lollipop for moto x 2013, xt1058?
Message 3 of 226
ACE - Expert

Re: XT1058 Lollipop update

Att does not disclose software update schedules.  I wish they did but they dont want to misss a deadline and I dont blame them.

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/01/12/motorola-lollipop-updates-coming-really-soon/

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 226
Community Support

Re: XT1058 Lollipop update

Hello! @srs92584920

Thanks for posting your question about Lollipop. As @GLIMMERMAN76 stated we do not have release dates for software updates. Rest assured you will receive notification when this update is available for your phone. Please feel free to visit us online at att.com/esupport/softwareUpdates.jsp for update information.

If this helps, please mark this answer as an accepted solution!

Thanks,

Charise

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 226
Contributor

Samsung Galaxy S5 lollipop update

The entire world is getting updated for the Samsungs S5 to the 5.0 (lollipop) version. There is an official Samsung version of this OS, which you  (At&t) should have by now. When can we expect that you roll out this update to our phones?

Tags (3)
Message 6 of 226
Professor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 lollipop update

AT&T doesn't pre-announce these things, so we all get to find out togeather when it actually happens. It often takes a few months (or more if there's a problem) for AT&T to get an OS update tested and rolled out.

Message 7 of 226
ACE - Expert

the other thing to remember is samsung has to build a different version for US phones.  US phones have snapdragon soc's and the rest of the world for the most part has samsung exynos soc's 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 226
Contributor

AT&T needs extra time to load in all their bloatware...

Message 9 of 226
Contributor

Re: samsung galaxy s5 lollipop update

If they ever release this Samsung S5Lollipop update in the US it better be something spectacular. With all the talk and hype you would think it would be a huge game changer. i am new to the Android experience and this is just annoying. When will the release come?!
Message 10 of 226
Scholar

Verizon rolling out Lollipop Update to S5

Message 11 of 226
ACE - Expert

Re: Verizon rolling out Lollipop Update to S5

yelp and the buhg reports are rolling in.  Its android 5.0 so it has bugs

Message 12 of 226
Observer

While that's true, I've been using my Nexus 5 on AT&T and havn't really had any issues other than a few FC's here and there.  The lollipop update definitely brings more "fixes" such as battery life and performance.  Nevermind the beautiful new material design Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 226
ACE - Expert

Nexus 5 vs touchwiz skined phone nexus will win with updates.

The problem with samsung there are always bugs when they update a phone.

Message 14 of 226
Observer

Haha, isn't that the truth?  I still would prefer to have some sort of news on it, since it's been quite a while.  It can't take THAT long to put in your carrier bloat and test it on the proper radios, can it?  lol

Message 15 of 226
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support