Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Restarting Apps and Phone Calls

Highlighted
Teacher

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Restarting Apps and Phone Calls

Hey,

I still have the Samsung Galaxy S3 and I am having two issues.  The first issue is when I exit an app.  Exiting the app is fine but about 5 - 10 seconds later the app will open back up.

The second issue I am having is when I end a phone call and lock my phone that the phone will than proceed to call the person back while my phone is locked.

Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this?

Thanks,

~Mike

Message 1 of 3
Ambassador
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Shiznorak
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Restarting Apps and Phone Calls

Hey Mike, 

We want to thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here. It sounds like your first concern could be related to a third party app or the screen itself. Has the screen experienced any liquid or physical damage? This could be a possible cause. Another thing worth looking at is whether not the screen sensitivity may be too high. We would need an exact model number to take a deeper look into that as a possible cause.  Also is this happening while the device is in your pocket? If so you can try to ensure the screen is locked before putting it your pocket.  

In regards to your second question the causes we mentioned above may tie into this as well. There are few other things to try as well. Power off the device, remove the battery for two minutes, and replace it. Power back on.  After completing this steps run some more tests on the device. If the problems persist please reach back out to us with your full model number which can be located under your battery on the back of the device. We will be happy to walk you through some device specific steps to try. 

Thank you. ^Jake 

Samsung Support

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Teacher

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Restarting Apps and Phone Calls

Hey Jake,

I figure out that it was two apps that were doing it.  I contacted their support team.  As for the phone call it has only happened once.

Thanks for the help!

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support