The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

10 years ago

Every once in a while an AT&T rep comes through, private messages some people trying to collect info, or says they're opening a case, and then half of the posts here get deleted and we get moderater warnings for trying to help people with the best work-arounds there are. I'm still more or less going with the plan revolving around: LTE is worthless anyway, the data caps you can pick from are "super low" "really low" and "pretty low" so you might as well stick with "4G" HSPA+ and wifi. Reaching your data cap faster isn't really of much benefit to me, and if voice/text works better, I don't really care. I guess it's false advertising on AT&T's part to claim you can use LTE data and still make voice calls, but whatever.

I'm more upset now that I have to lock my phone to 3G/4G frequencies, because there is no option to disable LTE while still allowing 2G fallback for service areas where that may happen, but I'm not sure I've actually found such a place in my particular travels anyway.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

@Ark42 wrote:

Every once in a while an AT&T rep comes through, private messages some people trying to collect info, or says they're opening a case, and then half of the posts here get deleted and we get moderater warnings for trying to help people with the best work-arounds there are. I'm still more or less going with the plan revolving around: LTE is worthless anyway, the data caps you can pick from are "super low" "really low" and "pretty low" so you might as well stick with "4G" HSPA+ and wifi. Reaching your data cap faster isn't really of much benefit to me, and if voice/text works better, I don't really care. I guess it's false advertising on AT&T's part to claim you can use LTE data and still make voice calls, but whatever.

I'm more upset now that I have to lock my phone to 3G/4G frequencies, because there is no option to disable LTE while still allowing 2G fallback for service areas where that may happen, but I'm not sure I've actually found such a place in my particular travels anyway.

I was running fine with my phone locked in 3G mode until I was in the Czech Republic in last summer and had to switch to 2G.  I’ve left it in 2G mode because my blood pressure goes up every time I have to monkey with it and get reminded how poorly at&t has handled this problem.  at&t has reduced me to being thankful just to have my phone ring when someone calls me.  It also hurts when I pay my monthly bill since I’ve not turned my data on in 8 months and I am using my phone as a basic phone only.  The only thing that softened the blow was at&t credited me a little over $900 for the trouble after spending hours and hours on the phone with them.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

My galaxy s4 worked flawlessly. . The fact it doesn't work need to be fixed immediately. I use a gps tracker for my dirt bike rides loved it on s4.. Note 3 it sucks.. Please fix

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Hello guys,

i have read all post here, not sure whether its AT&T network issue but, here in another country in europe (czech republic) i have exactly same problem.

I think its something bad inside phone hw, my gf have S4 mini and without any issues!! on the same network (and same provider - t-mobile).

Problems appears always when the cell phone is iddle for more than 15 minutes, cannot call from phone even send sms and the same  if someone is trying to call to this phone..its really anoying.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I have bumped network from G3 to G2 ..no change..still same issues

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

ok, but what to do if iam not u.s. citizen?? we have the same issues here in europa 😞

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

nope..iam on 3G (4G for U.S.) so non LTE..its completely random, 15 time per day i have receiving sms messages about missed calls..the same with WIFI to OFF..not solved yet

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello milanvalda,

You will need to contact your carrier for assistance with network issues, if your phone was not designed for your carrier, that might be causing issues, and that is not something you can "fix", it would be a hardware limitation.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.