Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Samsung Galaxy Note 7

Highlighted
Former Employee

Samsung Galaxy Note 7

galaxyn7b.png

Hey Community!

My name’s Ozzie, and I typically work behind the scenes on the community crafting responses to all of your questions. Today, I’ve decided to step out into the community to talk about the new Note 7 from Samsung that was just announced!

The launch of this phone is something I’ve been looking forward to all year! Check out my thoughts on the device by reading below.

Message 1 of 31
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ATTOzzieCS
‎08-15-2016 8:28 AM

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7

The Note is back! Samsung has skipped a generation by going directly to the 7 to keep it aligned with its other great offerings such as the Galaxy S7 line. As per usual, this year’s Note has been redesigned thanks to improvements made over the last year in technology, and of course, customer feedback.

S Pen

Starting off, the S Pen has been re-engineered and is now smarter than ever! All of the features you’ve come to love from your S Pen are still present and accounted for, such as Air Controls and screen-off note taking, but now it’s even easier for you to write/draw anywhere as the water and dust resistant coating present on the phone has been extended to the S Pen. I still wouldn’t recommend taking it for a swim though Smiley Very Happy

With a finer tip, the difference between the S Pen and a regular pen is almost unrecognizable.

Iris Scanner

Next, there’s the exciting new leap in security called the Iris Scanner. The Iris Scanner goes a step beyond the fingerprint and adds an additional layer of security to your device. In this day age more and more of our personal interactions are handled by our devices; for some, our phones have even replaced our wallets (you can never be too careful.) This feature helps give you piece of mind that your device is secure and your personal information won’t fall into the wrong hands.

USB-C

For the first time on a Samsung device, we have the addition of type C connectivity. This new cable means no fumbling around as to which way is up, the charger just plugs in and rapidly charges your device.

As a heads up, this means that any pre-existing micro-usb charger cables will not be compatible with the new Note 7.

Also, if you are concerned about charger compatibility, not to worry; the Note 7 still has the awesome wireless charging feature available.

microSD

The big one. The grand finale! The microSD card is back!

Samsung really listened to their customers on this one, and it shows how engaged they are with their fan base. After overwhelming support, the microSD card makes its triumphant return! If you’re like me, you can never have too much storage for all the photos, music, and movies. And, given the increase to the camera in this year’s model, you’ll be taking more photos than ever that you’ll want to store and share with the world!

Cool Promotions

Raise your hand if you like free stuff.

If you purchase the Note 7 from AT&T, Samsung is offering a free gift as a thank you for upgrading your device. Right now, you can receive a 256GB microSD card (so you can store more memories), or a Gear Fit 2 (if going the distance is really more your thing.)

You can find information and eligibility rules for this promotion directly from the Samsung promotional page.

Disclaimer: This promotion is being ran by Samsung and is subject to their terms and availability. All promotional questions should be directed to Samsung

Pre-orders for the Galaxy Note 7 have already begun! You can hop over to our Shop page and place your order from the comfort of your own home or you can head over to any of our retail locations and get your pre-order in now.

Are you as excited as I am about the MicroSD return? Are you interested in what Iris Scanning technology has to offer? Sound off in the comments below with what color you pre-ordered and your thoughts on the new device!

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 31
ACE - Expert

@ATTOzzieCS

The phone is a s7 edge with a s-pen!  Nothing more.  Played with one at best buy I was not impressed.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 31
Former Employee

@GLIMMERMAN76

I agree with you, looks like Samsung went the route of "If it isn't broke, don't fix it". It's apparent the design choices were heavily influenced by the S7 Edge, but if we don't compare it to the S7 Edge and compare it to it's true predecessor the Note 5, this Note 7 is an upgrade in almost every way.

Message 4 of 31
ACE - Expert

@ATTOzzieCS wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76

I agree with you, looks like Samsung went the route of "If it isn't broke, don't fix it". It's apparent the design choices were heavily influenced by the S7 Edge, but if we don't compare it to the S7 Edge and compare it to it's true predecessor the Note 5, this Note 7 is an upgrade in almost every way.

@ATTOzzieCS

Actually if you look at it the battery is smaller than the s7 edge.  The should have beefed the battery up to the s7 active size.  I have all 3 s7's and the s7 active is the best phone out of the 3. 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 31
Contributor

Thanks for the information, will the phone ship prior to the release date, so we get them on the release day?

Thanks

Message 6 of 31
ACE - Expert

@AnthemAVM

its supose to.  Verizon shipped theres today and place a carrier hold till friday on them.

Message 7 of 31
Contributor

Anyone notice that ATT has pushed out the shipping date to the following week?  Hope my order got in early enough to get on the 19th.

Message 8 of 31
ACE - Expert

@AnthemAVM wrote:

Anyone notice that ATT has pushed out the shipping date to the following week?  Hope my order got in early enough to get on the 19th.

Thats the reason I preordered at best buy.  I want the phone..  ATT's shipping record stinks...  Iphone launches are horrible.

Message 9 of 31
Former Employee

@AnthemAVM

The Galaxy Note 7 is currently sitting at an expected shipping date between Aug 23rd – Aug 30th 2016. These dates are estimates and your device may arrive sooner than expected. Sadly this is a common situation whenever a new device launches. There is no way to fully know the demand for the product and as more and more pre-orders come in the more the shipping dates tend to get pushed back.

We are committed to getting your device out to you as quickly as possible and if you managed to place a pre-order in at the very beginning you may still be on track for a launch day arrival!  

Message 10 of 31
ACE - Expert

@ATTOzzieCS

Not to sound brash but ATT is the only CARRIER that cant seem to get Preorders RIGHT!

Verizon shipped out there preorders already and put holds on them till thrusday so they wont get delivered early

Tmobile customers are getting there devices already.

See a trend here?

Message 11 of 31
Contributor

I pre-ordered early on the first day that anyone could, today is now the 17th and have had zero updates from At&t. The whole reason behind pre-ordering is to get the product on the day it launches, or possible a day or two before...right? I am perfectly fine with getting the phone on the 19th like they say, but if I would have known that there is now a chance that we may not even get the phone till next week I would have just waited and went into the store on the 19th? That is the dumbest thing and worst thing At&t can do to their customers. Still hoping for something from them today at some point.

Message 12 of 31

I was sitting at my desk working today and got an email from UPS stating that I had a scheduled delivery from AT&T on 8/23. The weird part, I pre-ordered my Note 7 on 8/3, literally the first day one could pre-order. 

So thinking that UPS might have accidentally coded the Tracking Number as Ground instead of 1-2 day I called AT&T customer care. The very friendly customer care agent told me that she didn't show any shipping activity, UPS or otherwise and that I shouldn't expect my pre-order to arrive on the launch date. 

When I did my pre-order in the AT&T factory store, I was assured I would have the phone on the 19th. I scheduled my 5-day out of state business trip next week for Tues allowing AT&T the grace period of Monday in case UPS was delayed for a Friday delivery. 

So, I echo the same question...what is the advantage of pre-ordering??  Any why after being a loyal (though that is obviously being questioned now) AT&T customer of 14 years did I not anticipate this happening.

Message 13 of 31
Contributor

I also pre-ordered the day it became available at an att store and was told I would get it by the time it was released. My ups shipment update says should be delivered on the 22nd... It was ups ground for some reason when it was shipped out on the 17th. It makes no sense that I pre-ordered soon as I could to get the phone but won't get it until after its already been available to people that didn't pre-order. Pretty terrible way to treat customers. Lesson learned.
Message 14 of 31
Contributor

Can we cancel our pre ordered phones and just pick up the phones at att stores?
Message 15 of 31
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support