The Samsung Galaxy S24
calliekuczek's profile

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

Tuesday, March 31st, 2015 3:10 PM

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Disconnects From Wi-Fi

Hello everyone.  I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 that I have recently noticed will disconnect from my personal W-Fi network at home.  I have to go in to my settings and turn Wi-Fi off and then turn it back on.  It is kind of like I reset it and remind the phone to connect to my personal network.  Most of the time, it stays connected.  I have an iPad Air and it does not do this.  Why is my phone doing this and is there a solution?

For the forum moderators: Sorry for the double post.  When I posted my question the first time, I was posting it from my phone, and found no way to edit my original post.  So, I added a reply and the forum automatically marked my reply as the solution to my question.  My original question is not resolved.  Is there a way you can undo that?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @calliekuczek

I’d be happy to help with this WiFi issue! I’d recommend turning off Smart Network Switch, which may be reverting your connection back to cellular data should your WiFi signal drop below a certain level. To do so:

1. Tap the Apps icon on the home screen
  2. Tap the Settings app icon
  3. Choose WiFi
  4. Tap Smart network switch to toggle on or off. On some devices, you may need to go to Menu > Advanced > Auto network switch from the WiFi settings screen.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I have already tried turning off the Smart Network switch and my phone is still turning off my Wi-Fi connection. This is happening at a lot of stored Wi-Fi spots in my phone, not just my home.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am having the same issue. Did you get it fixed?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I’m having the same issue. My phone won’t stay connected to the Wi-Fi, it wont auto connect to the Wi-Fi, and to get it to work I have to shut Wi-Fi of and on and select my Wi-Fi. If any has come across this and has a fix please let me know.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I ended up getting a new phone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Mine does it too. I'm never away from home much but yet 5gigs a month goes by quickly. It's at&t's way of making u end up having to pay for extra data

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

ATT doesn't control your phone.  

If your wifi antenna is broken or your home wifi is unstable, your phone will choose cellular instead.

Trouble soot the home wifi or your phone, or both.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

turn off wifi save moe. Go to your dialer, Dial *#0011# then menu and then wifi. It will show on,this means it will automatically turn off when your using too much data.  turn it off. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

@jgdawson wrote:

turn off wifi save moe. Go to your dialer, Dial *#0011# then menu and then wifi. It will show on,this means it will automatically turn off when your using too much data.  turn it off. 

@jgdawson. Did you read the post?  OP was trying to keep phone connected to home wifi.  Your codes are bogus and do nothing on a smartphone. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@jgdawson wrote:

@jgdawson. Did you read the post?  OP was trying to keep phone connected to home wifi.  Your codes are bogus and do nothing on a smartphone. 

That code certainly seemed like it would help, as the problem seems to be with a power saving mode. Initially it I thought it fixed it, but I'm still having the same problem, so nothing seems to be helping.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.