Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 914
Explorer

Bringing this back from the dead because lucky us, we hav...

Bringing this back from the dead because lucky us, we have got ourselves another GPS issue with the 4.4.4 update. Yay!
Message 856 of 914
Mentor

Re: Bringing this back from the dead because lucky us, we hav...

Specificly? My GPS has been the same or more stable since 4.4.4 

Message 857 of 914
Mentor

My GPS has also been fine since 4.4 and use mine daily.

Will report back if anything changes however.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Message 858 of 914
Mentor

I'm still on my Note 3. All is well with 4.4.4. Although...

I'm still on my Note 3. All is well with 4.4.4. Although there was one day when my GPS had a hard time connecting. Had to restart the phone and it hasn't happened since.
Message 859 of 914
Teacher

N900A/T#2-4 here, my wife and I both have the same model number. We both have problems connecting to GPS on occasion, hers not as much as mine. Fully updated softwares and all. I use Andoits GPS test app and it sees the satellites it just doesn't lock. Even out in the open on a clear day sometimes it just will not connect. Rebooting the phone usually helps. It's okay though, I filed a complaint with the FCC long ago, AT&T gave me some money to go buy gps units for our cars, and we were done. Lesson learned, buy the non-carrier version next time, AT&T software is crap.

Message 860 of 914
Explorer

Specifically for me, GPS is having a very hard time to co...

Specifically for me, GPS is having a very hard time to connect (takes up to 5 min to lock) if it does even connect. Sometimes it doesn't connect and if it does, it loses connection very fast...
Message 861 of 914
Mentor

Re: Specifically for me, GPS is having a very hard time to co...

​So it was fine before the update? Unfortunately you may have to do a
factory reset and see if that fixes it. Perhaps it's not that the update is
broken but that it broke your phone. Happens.

Message 862 of 914
Explorer

Ya it was "functional" with 4.4.2 but now it's completely...

Ya it was "functional" with 4.4.2 but now it's completely useless. Will try the factory reset but doubt that will help as others are having the same issue.
Message 863 of 914
Professor

@gmorcos37 wrote:
Bringing this back from the dead because lucky us, we have got ourselves another GPS issue with the 4.4.4 update. Yay!

I'm on 4.4.4 and use GPS 2 hours daily without issue on my note 3. So it's not a universal issue.

Message 864 of 914
Explorer

Well it's not a single issue with my phone only either.

Well it's not a single issue with my phone only either.
Message 865 of 914
Explorer

Check out the comments in this article, some have the sam...

Check out the comments in this article, some have the same issue
Message 866 of 914
Explorer

http://m.androidcentral.com/att-galaxy-note-3-now-getting...

Message 867 of 914
Mentor

OK. I took an hour drive tonight with Waze on. The first...

OK. I took an hour drive tonight with Waze on. The first 20 minutes was fine and I didn't notice the GPS drop. A few minutes later, I noticed the GPS symbol flashing. I left it alone until I got to my destination and it was still flashing. It never regained a GPS lock. Need to do more tests. My usual daily drive is less than 20 minutes and I only noticed the GPS drop signal once before tonight.
Message 868 of 914
Tutor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

The issue has reappeared on my Note 3 after the 4.4.4 update, just like before the 4.4.2 update. I can't drive more than 15 miles without losing gps lock, and it has problems coming back afterwards.  Did they forget to regression test this update against the bug list?

Message 869 of 914
Explorer

Looks like it got deleted walker but this is the article...

Looks like it got deleted earlier but this is the article I was talking about. http://m.androidcentral.com/att-galaxy-note-3-now-getting-android-444-update-all-its-own

Message 870 of 914
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support