The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I thought the last update fixed the issue but it didn't. I was being optimistic! I'm very disappointed that AT&T can't at the very least be more upfront and honest about the issue. It only adds to the frustration the various responses we are all getting. At this point the response should be yes there is a problem and we are working on a resolution. Simple.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Hey all...just came to ATT from VZN a few weeks back (jumped on the 4 subsidized device deal Sat night to shift to the $160 for 4 w/10GB deal the next Sun AM).  Anyhow, had both my Note 3's (ATT and VZN) for a couple of weeks side-by-side to be sure I could handle the shift to ATT.  I have had a consistent failure to keep GPS signal...just drops randomly...killing and restarting the GPS corrects the issue.  More annoying in Maps than Waze since it is obvious in Waze (nice little red no signal icon) whereas Maps just sort of drifts off into a haze of unregistered location.  Note that this was never and issue w/ the VZN Note 3 that was running concurrently.  Clearly an ATT issue (likely network) and not the device...unless for some reason the radio antenna in the ATT Notes is somehow different...can't imagine why. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Oh and I just got the OTA update that I thought was to Kit Kat but I am still running 4.3 so I will check back to share if this helped with the GPS issue.

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

Picking up some traction since Android Police's story. I saw a lot of iterations of the same story on the web. I even saw a couple Spanish versions out there. I'm glad the problem is getting noticed. The more coverage, the better. KitKat + GPS fix would be an awesome gift. 🙂

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

#attnote3gps ....I'm going to start a trend lol

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

10 years ago

Yep, this is news all over the net now. And now everyone will know At&t's varriant of this phone has these issues and no other carrier has these issues.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Yesterday I must have received some sort of an update.

Now at the top of the home screen where battey life and strength of signal is shown I always have the icon for the GPS showing it is on.

If I go and turn off the GPS on the screen with all the other options like screen rotation and air plane mode and go back to home screen that icon is still there.

If I turn the phone off and turn it back on the icon disappears but if I turn GPS on the icon comes back and I can not get rid of it.

I wonder if the GPS is on even though I have turned it off, because that icon is still on my 

Maybe AT&T have done some kind of fix???? 

I am at a conference and can not test this for a couple of days.

But my map shows my location all the time but it does ask if I want to turn it on?????

I have had this phone for about 4 months and it has never done this.

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

Maybe a silly question here, but have you rebooted your phone since you noticed this? I've received no new updates and even checked for one. Usually this is indicative of a stuck app that is keeping GPS active.

Scholar

• 

62 Messages

10 years ago

After spending dozens of hours following brain dead AT&T reps who blame samsung for everything, deny a problem, and waste my time, I'm moving my whole family to tmobile. I can root, change the bootloader, get support from Samsung and pay less money. AT&T arrogance is going to destroy the company. Fix your network and leave the software to companies like google who can develop and support it. It's not your phone it's mine. I'll miss your awesome network. Bye bye. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

it is not our phones... to test this, search craigslist in google... if it brings you to any other city other than the one that is close to you, it means your phone has been monitor by the NSA... im in lynn ma and there was a cell tower a mile a way from my house and instead of bringing me to craigslist boston it would bring me to craigslist new york , the same with iheart and tunein radio, all new york stations. i have reported this to att and samsung.. check your google map.. if the triangle is not pointing the right way ( meaning the top of the phone is the front of the car ) the signal is being pulled by a third party to annoy us.. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]...they are targeting our tech to slow it down or lag it or stop it from working altogether, this is including video games and our internet connection. i was so aggravated by google map sending me the wrong way, i decided to test it in the heart of technology, San Fran.. full LTE bar and the triangle would move by itself, or the route would be at the bottom right corner.. i finally switch to waze and it is harder to hack because it is crowd source.. if they hack it we would know right away.. hope this helps...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.