The Samsung Galaxy S24
sanndinkel's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 18th, 2014 12:42 PM

Samsung Galaxy Express Won't Turn on??

I have a Samsung Galaxy Express that I can not get to turn on. Yesterday the phone was working fine, I put it on the charger and an hour or so later picked up the phone to find it "turned off" with a completely black screen. I have tried to power it on, take out the battery, and try the factory reset (holding volume up key, home key, and power button) and the phone is doing nothing. I have no clue if the battery is charged or not, so I put it back on the charger and tried all of these processes once again- still nothing. I also tried taking the battery out and leaving it out for a few hours, and nothing. Does anyone know of anything else I can try?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

9 years ago

Hi @sanndinkel, 

We just wanted to follow up with some additional steps you can try. Before completing any more steps, please check of the device has any sd cards in the sd slot. If it does please remove it before proceeding. After removing the sd card please re-attempt to boot the device. If does not work the next steps involving wiping the device. However this will result in unrecoverable LOSS OF DATA.  

If you have not already done so please download and install Kies to your computer. After installing connect your device to your computer via your USB cable. Wait to see if Kies recognizes your device. If it does then proceed to the next step. 

1 Open Kies 3 and click Tools > Firmware Upgrade and Initialization. 

2 Enter your device Model name and click OK.  

3 Enter the device IMEI number and click OK. 

4 Kies 3 will verify that the feature is available for your device. If the feature is available, click OK to continue. 

5 The firmware version is displayed along with a note that the information on your device will be permanently deleted during this process. Click OK to continue. 

6 Follow the steps to prepare your device for emergency recovery. Mark the checkbox next to I have read all of the above information. Select whether you agree to share this update with Samsung. Connect your device to Kies when you have activated the download mode. When your device is in download mode and connected to Kies 3, the Start upgrade button is available. Click Start upgrade to reinstall the firmware. 

7 Touch Create backup to create a copy of selected items before proceeding. Touch Skip backup to proceed without backing up any items. 

8 Kies 3 will download and prepare your system to update the firmware. This process can take some time. The time will vary based on your network and computer capabilities. 

9 Respond to any security warnings about installing software. 

10 The progress screen is shown during the upgrade process. The process will take several minutes to complete. Do not disconnect your device, turn the device off, or turn off your computer during this process. 

11 Click OK when the upgrade is finished.

Thanks. ^Jake

Samsung Support

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

10 years ago

Hi sanndinkel, 

Thanks for reaching out. We apologize for the negative experience.  I seems like you attempted a few troubleshooting steps prior to reaching out to us. Have you tried testing the phone and charger in multiple outlets? Another thing worth trying is taking it in to an ATT store and testing another battery. Let us know if this helps! ^Jake  

Samsung Support

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Hi Samsung Support,

I have the same similar problem as Sanndinkel. The phone just turn on with the Samsung word splash for a second and then it turns black. I've purchase a new battery but it still the same. Do you have any troubleshooting suggestion? What might be the problem?

Thank you in advance for your responds.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Dear Samsung support,

Sorry for the late responds. I didn't have a chance to follow your instruction until today. I have try every suggestions and the Kies software. The problem is that my phone will not start at all. If I remove the battery and replace it back, it will vibrate for three times and that is it. I press and hold the power button and nothing happens. I then plug in the USB to my computer with Kies 3 software open, I see a gray/white battery image for a second and disappear. And then I press and hold the power button and nothing happen again. At one time when I plug in the phone to the wall charger I could see the green battery image showing that it is charging, down to 80%. Do you have any other suggestions? Is the board or the LCD digitizer fried. What can it be the problem?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Steve

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm having the same issue as Biscay. If anyone has any solutions that would be great. Thanks.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

@Samsung

I'm attempting to use your instructions to upgrade the firmware using Kies, but, firstly, Kies doesn't ask for the IMEI, it asks for the serial number. Then, after I've pulled the battery again to figure out the serial number, it tells me to check the model name and enter it. If I enter the wrong serial number, it says the serial number is wrong. If I enter the right one, it tells me to check the model name and enter it. Suggestions?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

ok so I have downloaded Kies and opened it, it recognizes my device but the device is locked, I cannot see the screen to unlock the device because it is black. I follow the instructions enter the model number it accepts that and tells me to enter the S/N number and it tells me to check the model number and enter it but does not give me an opportunity to change the model number which doesn't need changed because it matches the model number that the program recognized my device when it connected how can I complete the upgrade etc?

Thank you, 
technology challenged

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

how do you get Kies 3??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am having the same problem with my phone. Will not turn on. I think they are junk throw away phones. You go to the store you purchased from and they are no help, all they want to do is sell you a $500 Iphone. Not a happy customer.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have a galaxy express prime and yesterday i had dropped it off the counter and it slammed down onto the floor and shut off. I can not get it to turn back on.. how can I turn it back on without losing all my stuff that is on it?? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.