The Samsung Galaxy S24
AimerylMat's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 28th, 2015 12:43 PM

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3

Hey everyone. I got an unlock Samsung galaxy note 3 SM-N900A and I still don't receive any update. I'm still on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and when I look for "Software update" it just says me "Software update interrupted. .. your current software is up to date, you should try again in 24h". Can you give me some tips and advices to understand and fix that problem? Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @AimeryIMat

I’d be happy to help with your software update!

Have you tried updating via Samsung Kies? If you download and install Samsung Kies 3 to your computer, you can update your device directly from that software. Once installed simply connect your device to your computer via USB and if an update is available, you will see a “Firmware Upgrade” button. By clicking this button, the update will be downloaded and applied to your device.

Alternatively, Samsung offer a support booth called Samsung Experience at select BestBuy locations which can update your device for you to the correct and latest firmware. To find the nearest Samsung Experience, please click here.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Charise

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

Unlocked phones usually have a problem with updates as they don't look in the proper place for the update, one of the problem with unlocked phones. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

So there is nothing I can do to fix it?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

already tried with KIES and indicates that i have the latest firmware also have an unlock note 3 with 4.4.2 , can unlock phones get the update at all? 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

no you are stuck..  Kies does not have any att images for the newer phones

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

You might have lucked-out afterall.

Android 5.0 Lolipop has very negatively affected the phone for most AT&T Note 3 folks I know (including me). 

Idle RAM use by OS went up 30-40% while battery life went down about the same. 

Needless to say many folks are extremely disappointed. 

If you can find 4.4.4 out there it's your best bet. It was very stable, BUT you have to put up with Uber and other apps being forced on your phone (that you can't delete). 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@StuckinPNW

have you cleared your cache?  have you done a factory reset?  

In the case of this person since they are not on the ATT they will not get updates.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Android/GUIDE-TO-ANDROID-LOLLIPOP-UPDATES-IF-YOU-RE-NOT-AN-AT-amp-T/m-p/4242325#M59143

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

@StuckinPNW wrote:

You might have lucked-out afterall.

Android 5.0 Lolipop has very negatively affected the phone for most AT&T Note 3 folks I know (including me). 

Idle RAM use by OS went up 30-40% while battery life went down about the same. 

Needless to say many folks are extremely disappointed. 

If you can find 4.4.4 out there it's your best bet. It was very stable, BUT you have to put up with Uber and other apps being forced on your phone (that you can't delete). 

The downside to someone not being able to download and install updates is that they will eventually find that they're limited on apps that will work on their phone's older OS.  As time passes, their expensive phone will become progressively more limited.  That doesn't sound very lucky to me. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.