For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
kjw's profile

Teacher

• 

39 Messages

Thursday, May 19th, 2016 5:04 PM

S7 Edge apn settings

Hi. Does anyone know the APN seeing for an AT&T Galaxy S7 Edge? My third party app, Texted, isn't receiving mms messages and I was told to change the apn. I found this online but wanted to make sure it was correct before I changed anything:

Samsung Galaxy S7 APN Settings FOR AT&T 4G
Name: ATT HSPA+
APN: phone
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type:
APN type: default,supl,mms,hipri
APN Protocol: Leave it to the Default one
Bearer: leave it to the Default one

Thanks for your help!

KJ

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @kjw

Thank you for posting your question into the AT&T Community Forums!

What a great question! We are definitely have an answer for you!

You can access that information by clicking on Programming correct data settings for non-AT&T devices. Within that article, you can learn how to program your device with the correct APN and MMS data connection settings to use 4G (HSPA+)/4G LTE data services.

Hope this helps! We thank you for choosing AT&T for your wireless services!
- Spencer O AT&T Social Media Manager

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

You wrote it's an AT&T GS7, are you using it on ATT or another network?

The APN settings are preset on ATT phones using ATT.  If you're using a different network you need the APN settings for that network - not ATT?

Teacher

• 

39 Messages

8 years ago

***NOT SOLVED***
I'm using it on AT&T. The preset settings aren't allowing group texts and mms messages to be received on my end.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

There is something else not allowing MMS or group messaging to work because that is the correct MMS APN.

The APN istelf should be NXTGENPHONE because that's a VOLTE phone. As long as you're using the AT&T branded Galaxy S7. Mobile data is working fine?

Teacher

• 

39 Messages

8 years ago

The data is working fine as is the native messaging app. Textra, my 3rd pay app worked fine on my old Nexus 5, but not on the S7 Edge. I tried to access the settings link in the first response but got a message saying the page can't be found.

Teacher

• 

39 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for the new link! My phone has the correct settings so I'll go back to the app's developer again. I appreciate your help!

KJ

Teacher

• 

39 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks so much! My phone has the proper settings so I'll go back to the app's developer again. I appreciate your help! KJ

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

What did you end up doing to fix it? Mine still is not working.

Teacher

• 

39 Messages

7 years ago

I went back to the developer and filed a bug report. Wish I could be more help. Good luck. My phone has a new issue where it's losing ALL connectivity. Sent it in for 3 factory warranty repairs and now waiting to see if they'll replace it with a new phone, not a refurb.

KJ
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.