The Samsung Galaxy S24
misterfixit60's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, June 24th, 2018 3:09 PM

S7 Active problems after update

My AT&T Samsung S7 active has some issues after the recent update.  The gallery and photo apps stop immediately after opening when trying to open an image from the my files app.

The device maintenance app stops immediately after clicking on the storage option within that app.  

The battery seems to discharge rapidly since this update also.

Clearing the cache and data of those apps and clearing the cache of the phone and rebooting does not solve these issues.  A Google search shows many with the same issues.  Is a fix coming for these issues?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Also having similar issues from this recent update. Phone crashes when attempting to transfer files to PC, overall the phone is sluggish, battery usage is worse (battery usage went down after last update also). If I switch the USB connection to Transfer Images as soon as it connects, I can usually get it to transfer files for a while. Never had to do that before, it also popped right up in Windows 7 and 10.

After a lot of searching, I don't see any ATT actions on the issue. Will probably take the phone to an ATT store soon. Absolutely ridiculous for ATT to do this update without full testing on the S7 Active.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This is really pisting me off right now! Basically anything to do with pictures of file transfers the apps crash when they were working fine before the "upgrade". AT&T you'd better do something about this NOW! 

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I'm thinking it has to do with the new update accessing the SD card.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Having issues too. Battery drain about twice as fast; apps and response to tap are slow, not even sure it registered my tap sometimes. Maintenance system does not show any apps are draining battery; several things just acting strange and slow. I'm very very upset over this mess! 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

RE: AT&T Update S7 Active

This is ridiculous.  My phone was working fine.  I get that you have to push these things, especially for security updates, but don't bloat them with stuff we don't need.  Photos shuts down as soon as I open it.  Touch screen is slow to respond and I end up hitting it twice which, when it does open, executes a task I did not want.  Most of the apps a glitchy.  And it really burns up the battery.  I spend a lot of time setting the phone up to optimize what I use.  Then I take a giant step backwards.  Where is AT&T on this?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Not seeing any solutions to this problem. I am having it as well.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

AT&T really messed up the Oreo update. My S7 Active is still very Nougat like after the update - many core Oreo features are not working. I posted this under a separate thread at  https://forums.att.com/t5/Samsung-Discussion-Support/S7-Active-Oreo-upgrade-many-missing-features-still-very-Nougatty/m-p/5567087#M38265 .

I was so looking forward to the Oreo upgrade. I feel very let down by AT&T.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Me too, same exact issues 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you!!!  That fixed mine too.  I read on another forum where they reset their phone to factory settings and that worked.  I am glad I waited until you solved it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Yes!! So frustrating!! My S7 Active was awesome before this latest update. Horrendous now!! I spend every text or search closing google, photo app and others so much I now hate my phone. I am NOT buying another phone. I'll switch carriers first!!! 20 years a customer and this is the reward for longevity?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.