The Samsung Galaxy S24
misterfixit60's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, June 24th, 2018 3:09 PM

S7 Active problems after update

My AT&T Samsung S7 active has some issues after the recent update.  The gallery and photo apps stop immediately after opening when trying to open an image from the my files app.

The device maintenance app stops immediately after clicking on the storage option within that app.  

The battery seems to discharge rapidly since this update also.

Clearing the cache and data of those apps and clearing the cache of the phone and rebooting does not solve these issues.  A Google search shows many with the same issues.  Is a fix coming for these issues?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I finally fixed it! Even though I had wiped the system cache earlier, I went into Settings-Apps-Show System Apps and then went to Media Storage and simply cleared the cache and data and all my problems went away. No more crashes. My photos backup now. My videos all play... 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Here is more detailed instructions for the simple fix:

Here is the path for the reset:

Go to:

1. Settings (widget symbol in upper right)
  2. Apps (Default apps, App permissions)
  3. Tap on the three-dot symbol on upper right of APPS menu
  4. Select Show system apps
  5. Select Media Storage
  6. Long press on Storage
  7. Press both Clear Data and Clear Cache
  8. Clear Data will give you a big warning that application data will be permanently deleted.  This is not deleting your photos and videos.  It is only deleting how the apps find them.  Once this is deleted the apps will start finding them again which is what resolves the problem.
  9. Wait for apps to find all the photos and videos. You can use your phone during this time but it may take awhile until you see all your photos and videos

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am having the same issue.  I am so mad.  Why can they not figure this out prior to launching.  It is bad enough that I have the Pink Line issue on this phone.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Ive been expieriencing everything that you listed! Ive tried everything and nothing fixes it. My phone went working perfectly to crashing constantly, glitchy movements, and slow loading time. Some of my apps wont open at all! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am also having similar problems, some of my apps will not open, it keeps telling me that other apps such as messenger have stopped or "keeps stopping".  My battery life drains way faster than it did before the update and my phone is running hot, so hot sometimes I don't want it in my pocket!!!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

My phone is also running hot. I can't send videos via messages app or messenger. Photo app, one drive, messenger...keeps stopping. I hope they plan on fixing soon and crediting for the days I couldn't use my $769 AT&T phone

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Same!!! Pink lines..green lines. It's like they are screaming "BUY A NEW PHONE ALREADY." No, I will not.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I am not very happy right now.  Why are these updates pushed before they are thoroughly tested?  My phone worked fine before this last update.  It seems like the updates are designed to force you to buy a new phone.  But this phone cost around $800.00 and is not that old.  AT&T please look into these issues.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Same issues and a few more after latest update, apps lagging, type a message and I have to move in slow motion because phone lags.  My S7 Active was a very smooth running machine until latest update which installed about 5 days ago.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Exactly! My perfect phone is now buggy!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.