For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
LAWilliams83's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, April 20th, 2015 3:45 PM

Received Text Messages Deleting Themselves on Galaxy S6

I purchased a Galaxy S6 on April 11th.  On Friday April 17th I noticed that text messages that I receive would be viewable momentarily and then delete themselves.  In the first week multiple updates occured.  The problem is intermittent.  I powered off the phone and restarted it.  The same issue has been happening every day since.  I went to the AT&T store on Saturday and they told me this is a known issue and had me turn off the "Delete old messages" function.  This did not improve the issue.  I have searched forms and see where this issue has happened on other phones, but have been unable to find information for the Galaxy S6.  This issue is becoming extremely frustrating!  Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Nope, it didn't work. I'm still losing the texts.

Did you just call 611 and get tech to agree to let you exchange your phone? Obviously this one is new!

Terra

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Sorry to hear, I'm not sure why it worked for me but it did; and I did not
get a new phone. I just disabled that message sharing app and I haven't
lost a text since.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there! We are aware an issue which may cause texts or MMS to disappear from the messaging application after opting into our AT&T Messages Backup & Sync Service. 

We are currently working with Samsung to deliver a software update to correct this behavior. Please see here for more information - Disappearing messages on Samsung smartphones with AT&T Messages Backup & Sync

Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

Charise

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I got my replacement phone galaxy active s8, 3 days later started deleting text, tried to trouble shoot with ATT, not much intelligence there, so since I have insurance on the phone, I just requested they send me a new one again, and we will try again.. cant happen on every phone.. I HOPE. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

OH. also, I set my FB messenger to be the default text and that is working, my text are not being deleted there. That is a temp fix for those who need one fast. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Anyone still having this issue? My is deleting texts just from one contact - the person I text the most which is very annoying. AT&T backup NOT even turned on and deleting old messages turned off.. 😣 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.