The Samsung Galaxy S24
LAWilliams83's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, April 20th, 2015 3:45 PM

Received Text Messages Deleting Themselves on Galaxy S6

I purchased a Galaxy S6 on April 11th.  On Friday April 17th I noticed that text messages that I receive would be viewable momentarily and then delete themselves.  In the first week multiple updates occured.  The problem is intermittent.  I powered off the phone and restarted it.  The same issue has been happening every day since.  I went to the AT&T store on Saturday and they told me this is a known issue and had me turn off the "Delete old messages" function.  This did not improve the issue.  I have searched forms and see where this issue has happened on other phones, but have been unable to find information for the Galaxy S6.  This issue is becoming extremely frustrating!  Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I think I got this, my local AT&T service center said that they had the same problems with the 4 and 5, the solution was to disable the Message Backup and Sync App. Go into settings/Device/Applications/Application Manager/All/then find the Message Backup and Sync, stop and disable and your problem should go away.

Let me know how you make out.......

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm having the same issue. I called AT&T. . He had me turn my phone off and sent some signal to my phone. He was texting me test text messages and of course it didn't happen. Now it's back to deleting the texts. It's really inconvenient! Someone help!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I did some further troubleshooting yesterday based on fourms for what appears to be the same issue from the Note Edge, but I had no success.  I called AT&T and the woman I spoke with said this this was the first instance of this issue to her knowledge.  She asked me some more troubleshooting questions and told me that since I'm within 14 days of purchasing the phone she would put a note on my account so I could go to the AT&T store and swap it out for a new phone.  And that's exactly what I did.  So far there have been no issues with the texts on this phone.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was just a fluke and I had a bad phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

For the past two days I've been having the same problem. Very frustrating.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Now I have a bunch of apps missing. What is going on?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

my messages keep deleting too. mostly received messages, but i have seen a couple of my sent messages disappear as well. and now im also having issues sending mms messages. i loved this phone, but it's just getting on my nerves at this point..

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Mine too!

I see them come in on the preview screen and when I click, they're gone. Also, it hardly notifies me when a text comes in. I've restarted it and checked all the settings but it still doesn't make a sound. I think I better call tech support. Arg. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@GD4550

that must be it as I have not had this problem since I got the phone on launch day but I disabled all att bloat that day including the messaging backup.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you!!! 

It was much more difficult to disable than the instructions indicated but I did it. THANKS so much!!!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I hope this helps all the others that are having this issue, but it didn't help me.  I did this troubleshooting along with some other suggestions from AT&T, but it didn't work.  My new Galaxy S6 has had no issues though I'm very happy to report.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.