The Samsung Galaxy S24
Tailgunner747's profile

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

Thursday, September 1st, 2016 3:58 PM

Recall on Note 7

This is just another reason a Removable Battery is Best.  Could just replace faulty battery.  It may not effect phones in U.S.  Sure they can tell by Serial # which country they went to.

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/09/01/galaxy-note-7-recall-will-reportedly-be-announced-soon/

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

1.3K Messages

8 years ago

Updated 1/5/17

All,

AT&T has posted a Support Solution to provide answers to questions about the Samsung Galaxy Note7 at: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1122948.

Is AT&T participating in the Samsung software update to prevent the battery from recharging?
Yes, the Samsung software update for AT&T customers will be released on January 5, 2017. For more details, reference the latest announcement from Samsung.

For the latest information, you can also visit the AT&T Newsroom.

Thanks,

AT&T Community Team

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Tailgunner747

how many times have you seen a phone recalled?  Thought so.  Nvidia recalled the shield tablet for a battery issue that was a issue for 3 people.  Do I think samsung is doing the right thing?  Your darn right they are.  They should have done it with the S7 active and the water seal problem that phone has.

Now with that said have you seen apple have battery problems in the past how many years with sealed batteries?

You lose space in the phone with a removable battery.  Ask LG about how there g5 and g4 are doing with there bootlooping....

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

8 years ago

Just reporting what I read on different sites GLIMMERMAN76.  Always a first time for a recall I guess but do not see it happening either.  Reports may slow sales!!

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

8 years ago

I just received my new Note 7 and am in the process of moving my stuff from a Note 4 over to the new phone.  While checking out some questions on Samsung's community, I found out that many Note 7's are cracking up and/or catching fire from either the battery or the charger.

Now, I'm very worried about leaving the phone alone, especially at night, in fear that my house might catch fire!

What action is AT&T taking to handle this situation?  Should I return my Note 7 immediately?

Please advise!

Thanks.

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @Nodnyl,

At this time Samsung has confirmed that they've halted shipments to certain (per this article: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-samsung-elec-smartphones-idUSKCN1161BL it's only South Korean carriers) carriers.

Some are expecting Samsung to issue a recall, but it hasn't happened yet.

If you feel unsafe or are uneasy about it, I would return it to AT&T before your 14 day BRE period ends. I'm sure it won't be long before it's settled.

Justin

If this solved your problem, please consider accepting this as the solution so that it can help others in the future. Please remember that this is a customer forum and all of the answers we provide are through our own research, experience, or personal knowledge.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Out of millions shipped, only 2 incidents are reported.  But to be on the safe side, you do have that option.  I would contact Samsung direct to see how they will handle replacements if needed.

And don't plug in over night.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Just got a note 7 , the media is reporting of batteries exploding while being charged , what does AT&T plan on doing

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi, I just purchased the new Galaxy 7 note. I now heard that Samsung has recalled all of these telephones due to battery issues. Does anyone know how or if AT&T is going to handle this issue?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Sumsung is stating that its a global recall so im sure that they will replace our devices. I want to know if it is safe to use our phones in the meantime? Surely att will issue a statement today regarding this.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.