Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Purchasing Samsung S10 through Samsung

Contributor

Purchasing Samsung S10 through Samsung

I am not the primary account holder and cannot order a new phone online due to this (complicated but I don't live in the same city as the primary account holder and don't want the hassle of having them order it for me).  Looking on the samsung site, I can pre-order the new S10 on their site (the AT&T version).  If I do this and put my current sim card in the new phone, will I have access to all the features (HD Voice, WIFI calling, etc.)?   

Currently I have a nokia phone that I purchased unlocked through Amazon and don't have these features (I hate this AT&T so please fix this) because I purchased it unlocked and not through AT&T, even though the phone has the features.  I want to be 100% sure I will have access to these before I pre-order otherwise I'll figure something else out.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 11
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎02-21-2019 2:07 PM

Re: Purchasing Samsung S10 through Samsung

Yes, At&t version will have all features.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 11
ACE - Expert

@crdiessel23 wrote:

I am not the primary account holder and cannot order a new phone online due to this (complicated but I don't live in the same city as the primary account holder and don't want the hassle of having them order it for me).  Looking on the samsung site, I can pre-order the new S10 on their site (the AT&T version).  If I do this and put my current sim card in the new phone, will I have access to all the features (HD Voice, WIFI calling, etc.)?   

Currently I have a nokia phone that I purchased unlocked through Amazon and don't have these features (I hate this AT&T so please fix this) because I purchased it unlocked and not through AT&T, even though the phone has the features.  I want to be 100% sure I will have access to these before I pre-order otherwise I'll figure something else out.

Thanks,

@crdiessel23 

talk to nokia they were to cheap to have the phone certified to work with wifi calling and Volte.  ATT requires certification to get those.  Google did it with the pixel 3

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 11
Contributor

I'm not worried about the Nokia.  I bought it cause it was cheap and I knew I wanted to wait until Samsung released the S10, but my old phone wouldn't hold a charge longer than 4 hours so I needed something to fill the gap until this gets released.

Message 4 of 11
ACE - Expert

@crdiessel23 

I am still not impressed with the s10 or the s10e they gimped them to much.  The s10+ yes...  The s10 5g yeah I want but I am not moving to Verizon to get it(ok that is not true I will get one for testing from work).

I am glad they do have bigger storage sizes tho.

Message 5 of 11
Contributor

I'm not overly impressed but neither was I with the Note9 which lead to me waiting for this.  I don't care about the dual cameras on the front at all and will likely just go with the 128gb and expand (if needed) with a SD card.  Otherwise the S10 and S10+ are almost identical besides the minor size difference.

Message 6 of 11
ACE - Expert

@crdiessel23 wrote:

I'm not overly impressed but neither was I with the Note9 which lead to me waiting for this.  I don't care about the dual cameras on the front at all and will likely just go with the 128gb and expand (if needed) with a SD card.  Otherwise the S10 and S10+ are almost identical besides the minor size difference.

to me the best deal around is the s10e really.  I really hate the curved screens and its flat.  They finally listened to folks

Message 7 of 11
Tutor

Will the UNLOCKED S10 support AT&T support WiFi Calling? 

Message 8 of 11
ACE - Expert

Maybe maybe not.  The s9 did not.  No one will know till the phone is released.

Message 9 of 11
Contributor

Can you not do it through Samsung

Message 10 of 11
Tutor

I don't believe it's possible. This is something that AT&T has to do on the
back end.
Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support