Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Nougat Update for Galaxy Note 5 (N920A)

Teacher

Nougat Update for Galaxy Note 5 (N920A)

I had just got this phone from my cousin, since he got the iPhone 7 (at&t), does anyone know if the Nougat(Android 7.0/7.1) update is actually coming out for this phone in this quarter? I did research and like 75 out of 100% of the forums I saw made it seem like it is coming or is under development for Q2 (as we are in now, least for the eastern u.s. region). The phone does have the specs to run Nougat. Plus there isn't any "March Security Updates yet" so...Eh?

Edit 1: And if anyone knows when exactly it will come out if it is under dev., info would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 24
Mentor

Re: Nougat Update for Galaxy Note 5 (N920A)

I just now received it and am installing it. HTH

Message 2 of 24
Teacher

Ok now I am confused it says on the update page of at&t that it's still 6.0.1 and your saying that you are installing it rn? Is it released and they failed to update the page?
Message 3 of 24
Mentor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by CreepyGamer2
‎04-11-2017 9:36 AM

It came over the air this morning. I now have Nougat. Have you tried going to /about device and check software update?

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 24
Teacher

Yes and it failed to connect to the servers so now I have to wait a full 24 hours
Message 5 of 24
ACE - Professor

Got my updated to 7.0 on 4/7/2017 already (N920S)
It's a brand new phone now Man TongueSmiley Very Happy

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 24
Teacher

I'm talking about the N920A
Message 7 of 24
ACE - Professor

I know Smiley Very Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 24
Teacher

Well alright then, so it could very well be out and at&t just didnt update the update page
Message 9 of 24
ACE - Expert

@CreepyGamer2 wrote:
Yes and it failed to connect to the servers so now I have to wait a full 24 hours

Now since you had a iphone before you did call and have them add your new IMEI to your account right?  That does effect updates....  As for att updating the website it takes them a day after release as its 2 different departments dealing with it.

Message 10 of 24
Teacher

No my cousin is the one with the iPhone I had gotten his note5 (n920a) and I already took care of everything with my account.
Message 11 of 24
ACE - Expert

@CreepyGamer2 wrote:
No my cousin is the one with the iPhone I had gotten his note5 (n920a) and I already took care of everything with my account.

since the phone is new to your account it could take days or weeks for your phone to get the update...  They are done by IMEI in waves.  The more you check the less you may get the update as quick.  Trust me I have done it....

Message 12 of 24
Teacher

Tbh I got to the update site rather than to physically check for updates on the phone itself, I have had the phone for like 2 weeks now so....Idk I'll try again soon.
Message 13 of 24
ACE - Expert

@CreepyGamer2 wrote:
Tbh I got to the update site rather than to physically check for updates on the phone itself, I have had the phone for like 2 weeks now so....Idk I'll try again soon.

@CreepyGamer2

FYI att does not post updates for download...  They only DO OTA updates.

Message 14 of 24
Teacher

Really because if you search "n920a update" in Google and click the first link it tells you what the latest update is, I know they don't provide the download though.
Message 15 of 24
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support