Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Nougat Update for Galaxy Note 5 (N920A)

Teacher

Nougat Update for Galaxy Note 5 (N920A)

I had just got this phone from my cousin, since he got the iPhone 7 (at&t), does anyone know if the Nougat(Android 7.0/7.1) update is actually coming out for this phone in this quarter? I did research and like 75 out of 100% of the forums I saw made it seem like it is coming or is under development for Q2 (as we are in now, least for the eastern u.s. region). The phone does have the specs to run Nougat. Plus there isn't any "March Security Updates yet" so...Eh?

Edit 1: And if anyone knows when exactly it will come out if it is under dev., info would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 24
ACE - Professor

Re: Nougat Update for Galaxy Note 5 (N920A)

Just for your info.
After updated to 7.0,the Note 5 battery run down faster !!! But acceptable!!

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 24
Teacher

That's alright I have my ways of saving battery.
Message 17 of 24
ACE - Expert

@CreepyGamer2 wrote:
Really because if you search "n920a update" in Google and click the first link it tells you what the latest update is, I know they don't provide the download though.

if you mean this page

https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tutorial.html#!/stepbystep/id/stepbystep_KM1127994?make=Samsung&mode...

That will be updated this afternoon or by tomorrow.  As for the update it will get to your phone its just SLOW to rollout the first couple of days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 24
Teacher

Gotcha thank you.
Message 19 of 24
Teacher

Update the all, just received the update via Ota, ik I said that I had to wait 24 hours but I did a glitch and now I'm getting it so thank you all for the information
Message 20 of 24
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

@CreepyGamer2 wrote:
Update the all, just received the update via Ota, ik I said that I had to wait 24 hours but I did a glitch and now I'm getting it so thank you all for the information

@CreepyGamer2

make sure you set your time back 24hrs after the update completes.

Message 21 of 24

Follow these steps (alternate method):

1. To download and install the update using an alternate method, dial the following code in the Phone app: *#8736364#
  2. The AT&T Software Update settings menu appears. Select the option Field Test Mode and then Next Event: Device Initiated Session.
  3. Enter the date and time you want to schedule the update with the up/down arrows. For example, to update your device on April 11 at 11:55 PM, enter Apr 11 2017 11:55 PM in the field.
  4. Tap OK after entering each of the values for the date and time.
  5. The word "SET" appears at the bottom of the screen for a short while, then the Next Event: Device Initiated Session field will show 2017-04-11, 23:55:00, meaning that the update is scheduled to be downloaded on April 11, 2017 at 11:55 PM.

This is called "scheduling".

If you believe that you unable to wait for a full 24 hours, or you believe it could have negative effects on your device, this trick could come in handy!

Message 22 of 24
Scholar

Latest is Jan. 10, 2018  It has bootloader v. 5    Baseband Build N920AUCS5ERA2  

Message 23 of 24
Contributor

Same problem here

Message 24 of 24
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support