The Samsung Galaxy S24
Abc12348's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, August 24th, 2018 8:46 PM

Note 9 not unlocking

Received the unlock code from att and it saying invalid code...it is paid off . .purchased att version through sansung

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Does that mean from the first time the IMEI number was present on the account (SIM card was installed in the device) or 2 weeks of active use of said IMEI number on that account (SIM card continuously installed for 2 weeks)?  I have a Note 9 that I want to unlock but don't want to use on my account for 2 full weeks. I already have the unlock code but it's not working (I'm assuming since I never had it active on my account before yesterday).

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

If you have 8 digit unlock code it will not work. Note 9 requires 16 digit code to unlock. I have had multiple phone replacements before I finally learnt this.You would have to request missing half from AT&T or try some outside source. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I had the exact same problem, I received an 8 digit unlock code and it didn't work although they were certain it was the correct code. So i tried Cellunlocker.net and received a 16 digit code which worked! Apparently its a very common issue, they said many customers were complaining the 8 digit code they received from ATT didn't work.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Can someone @ATTCares verify this, as I have the exact same problem.  I requested a code (and yes, of course my device meets the eligibility requirements), and after 24 hours, I received the 8 digit unlock code from AT&T....which says it is unsuccessful when entering it into the device.  I re-requested it, and after another 48 hours, got an identical 8 digit unlock code 😞

Do I need a 16 digit code, and if I do...how do I obtain one through the official channels ?

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

Yes you need a 16 digit code unfortunately you have to use a outside service.  The service I used was cellfservices. A little pricey but worth it for me since I travel alot.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

At the end of August, I have purchased outright AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 9.  The same day I submitted the request for the unlock code.  I received the 8-digits code next day.  When I tried it, I received "Invalid unlock code" error.  Since then I have spent close to 60 hours on a phone with AT&T.  I heard all possible explanations and excuses.  With each new call AT&T support personnel gets shocked seeing the number of previous notes they should read and digest.  After all these troubles finally agreed AT&T to replace my original phone.  When a replacement phone arrived, I requested the unlock code again and received a new 8-digit unlock code.  I am getting the same error message with the new code on the new phone.  Finally, calling back to AT&T regarding the issue with unlocking the new phone, I was told that this is a known issue with Note 9, and my case will be forwarded to Samsung for a resolution.  Still waiting for a response.
I wonder if the story about 16-digits unlock code is true and not an attempt by some unlock business to steer customers their way.  It would be strange if Samsung keep sending 8-digit codes when it should be 16 and not noticing that.  Also, it appears that those private unlock companies use the same service to get the unlock code as AT&T is using.  So, how would they get different codes?
Anyway, I am somewhat glad that I am not the only one who has this problem.  The more people do, the greater chance that the issue would be addressed sooner. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

The code we get from AT&T is only partial. Full code is 16 digits and AT&T is aware of the issue depending upon who you contact on the support. I spent great chunk of time figuring this out as well and in my case my phone was replaced twice by AT&T with same result. 16 digit code will work 100 % from what I have seen so far from posts on other forums like Reddit as well. If you can wait then just let AT&T resolve the issue. I needed the code because I am traveling international right now and I needed it to be unlocked asap.

Employee

• 

169 Messages

5 years ago

Hi all,

I'm gathering information to pass along to our support teams regarding the Note 9 unlock issues. Send me a private message and include the following:

• Your full name
  • Account # or telephone # the account is associated with
  • IMEI

ChrisZ

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

The 16 digit unlock code is needed to unlock the phone it seems like att is only providing the first 8 digits.   I used a paid service and got the  16 digit code. The first 8 digits were the same as att provided  to me . Maybe att can provide future customers  with the whole code . Unfortunately for me I paid for a service but future unlock request customers  should complain.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

@ATTChrisZ

Thank you for the offer.  I was told another day by ATT support representative that they will communicate my case to Samsung.  They said the response should come no later than in 72 hrs.  I will wait to see.  If they could unlock my original phone, which I bought new, I would prefer to keep it rather than refurbished replacement phone.  However, I have tried several times unlocking my original phone, and some people told me that after a certain number of unsuccessful attempts the phone gets permanently locked.  So, I don't know if I would be able to unlock my original phone even with 16-digits unlock code.
At the same time I need to return one of the phones to AT&T in the next few days.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.