The Samsung Galaxy S24
Rizwan.Ahmad's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Friday, April 22nd, 2016 9:25 AM

Note 4 Marshmallow Update Outside Of US

Are you going to release Note 4 SM-910A MArshmallow update.?

If yes how much time will it take me to get update.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Regrettably, if you are going to rely on ATT to promptly (making OS updates available as soon as they are complete) and fully support the product you PAID ATT for (you are now overseas and unable to "get US only updates", you have placed your trust in the wrong place. AGAIN. Your Google search has to be thoughtful. You ABSOLUTELY need to understand what it means/how to do a manual OS update (very critical in the event you are not in the US) . You may need to download files to a computer and then transfer those files to your Note 4 micro SD card. You should expect you personal data (photos, music, documents) MUST be backup by you before starting a manual OS update. AND YOU MUST BE PATIENT as the update process may take longer than expected, and may even seem stalled/"stuck" at one or more points. Please take 5 seconds to reread this paragraph. If you understand the above -- N910AUU2EPG7 (at least as of 05 Aug 16). Finally, before you ever buy any carrier branded phone again consider purchasing the unlocked model of the phone you want. The upfront price is almost always the same cost as the total payments to the carrier (sometimes less). If you understand the rest of this post, then this really is the BEST DECISION.,especially if you may ever NEED to use your phone outside of the US. Oh - and as a bonus - no carrier BLOATWARE.

((GLIMMERMAN76 - rarely in life is there ever a time when there is absolutely, positively, without question only ONE solution))

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@jtoddb

in this case there is only one solution since the OFFICIAL Att stance is they dont update phones not on the ATT network.  

What you posted is how to sideload test builds which will work but are not a real solution since ATT cut the download server off where they were stored.  Yes there are images out there but they are also buggy.  Ask @SteelersPitt he was running it and had to go back to 5.1.1.  I have it on a note 4 and there are bugs.

The true solution is if your going to buy a phone and dont live in the states then buy a unlocked phone not a USA carrier branded phone.

Scholar

• 

351 Messages

8 years ago

F4 was a good test build. G7 gmail stopped working, so I went back to 5.1.1. If I had time is reload F4, but I have a feeling note 4 Will get the update soon. Note 4 did not get the security update like the s5.... Maybe I'm just hoping, but.....

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@SteelersPitt wrote:
F4 was a good test build. G7 gmail stopped working, so I went back to 5.1.1. If I had time is reload F4, but I have a feeling note 4 Will get the update soon. Note 4 did not get the security update like the s5.... Maybe I'm just hoping, but.....

@SteelersPitt

well its not tuesday yet...  Hope tommorrow is the day for you all.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have the Galaxy Note 4.

I am in the United States.

When is the update coming for the n910-a?

Verizon, T-Mobile have already released it for their phone.

Why is ATT so slow about keeping up with other carriers?

Get off your butt and release it.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Let's recap -- You say there is only one OFFICIAL solution. Actually the true solution (as I mentioned) is to never buy another carrier branded/locked phone. But back to "the" OFFICIAL solution.  I am curious where SteelersPitt obtained G7, since it is not an official release. Sideload? G7 works well for me -- for GMail and other POP3 and IMAP email accounts.  If you purchase a Note 4 from ATT and then move away from the US, you still should be able to access software updates you subsidized by purchasing your phone from ATT. As I offered, a sideload option is better than NO option (for an savvy owner). As you noticed, I mentioned all of the proper considerations before choosing a sideload option. As you are ACE, I am sure you also know that a Samsung Experience location can manually update the OS for a Note 4. In the US, Best Buy is the Samsung Experience partner. Google "samsung experience europe" and The Guardian reports that Samsung opened 60 locations across Europe. I am confident Samsung Experience locations are present in many major cities around the world. However, people may need to move away from the US, and sometimes they need to move to a not-so-major city outside of the US.  ATT OFFICIALLY recommends a Samsung Experience location for a customer who no longer has an active ATT SIM installed. I encourage you to reach out to ATT for more information on this OFFICIAL support option. I am confident your ACE standing will get you proper support with this inquiry.  Again, it turns out there is more than ONE option.  Sometimes even more then ONE OFFICIAL option.

Scholar

• 

351 Messages

8 years ago

If you read the forum wgere G7 was located, you can easily see how we did it. Trial and error using information we already knew, to eventually find the publically available repository for beta files located on Att servers. That is, till att closed access to the publically available files.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@jtoddb wrote:

Let's recap -- You say there is only one OFFICIAL solution. Actually the true solution (as I mentioned) is to never buy another carrier branded/locked phone. But back to "the" OFFICIAL solution.  I am curious where SteelersPitt obtained G7, since it is not an official release. Sideload? G7 works well for me -- for GMail and other POP3 and IMAP email accounts.  If you purchase a Note 4 from ATT and then move away from the US, you still should be able to access software updates you subsidized by purchasing your phone from ATT. As I offered, a sideload option is better than NO option (for an savvy owner). As you noticed, I mentioned all of the proper considerations before choosing a sideload option. As you are ACE, I am sure you also know that a Samsung Experience location can manually update the OS for a Note 4. In the US, Best Buy is the Samsung Experience partner. Google "samsung experience europe" and The Guardian reports that Samsung opened 60 locations across Europe. I am confident Samsung Experience locations are present in many major cities around the world. However, people may need to move away from the US, and sometimes they need to move to a not-so-major city outside of the US.  ATT OFFICIALLY recommends a Samsung Experience location for a customer who no longer has an active ATT SIM installed. I encourage you to reach out to ATT for more information on this OFFICIAL support option. I am confident your ACE standing will get you proper support with this inquiry.  Again, it turns out there is more than ONE option.  Sometimes even more then ONE OFFICIAL option.

@jtoddb

samsungs over seas locations cant flash us firmware.  this has been confirmed multipule times.  Samsung region locks phones on some models.

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

8 years ago

interesting how not one of the responses is an att rep with a date or another lame excuse

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My note 4 at&t always show software update cheak your phone up to date and 24hrs cheak time all note 4 verint getting ota update what the problem at&t i never buy att verint next time i am from Pakistan phone is unlocked but no getting reserved updates for my note 4 any solution please tell me sorry for bad english....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.