The Samsung Galaxy S24
Rizwan.Ahmad's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Friday, April 22nd, 2016 9:25 AM

Note 4 Marshmallow Update Outside Of US

Are you going to release Note 4 SM-910A MArshmallow update.?

If yes how much time will it take me to get update.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I received the same update. I was sitting here thinking "Oh, AT&T finally released Marshmallow". Gee was I wrong! They fooled me real quick as soon as my phone restarted I knew right away it was not Marshmallow. Checked version in Settings. I was just like, whattt? 5.1.1? I already have 5.1.1. Geez. That P-ed me off that they couldn't just wait to release an update til the 6.0 version. To me that was a pointless update.

Scholar

• 

351 Messages

8 years ago

We have to assume ATT has our best interests in mind, and that there is a reason for the update.  Hopefully it was to address issues to make sure that the Marshmallow update goes as smoothly as possible.  These updates generally have to be applied in order...

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@SteelersPitt wrote:

We have to assume ATT has our best interests in mind, and that there is a reason for the update.  Hopefully it was to address issues to make sure that the Marshmallow update goes as smoothly as possible.  These updates generally have to be applied in order...

Bless you.....finally some common sense interjected into this (hijacked) thread.  If any recall the number of problems with lollipop update on both ATT and Verizon, it is good reason in taking care with the MM update.  Better a working update when it arrive than a bricked phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Yes all other carries do not care about their customers hence updated all devices including note 5 on MM. Only AT&T has best interest for their customers in this world.

Please mark this also as this might be the lesson for all other carriers which are having huge issues after updating to MM. Maybe AT&T devices are used on moon and NASA has no time to take one to test it before AT&T deploys to their customers keeping their best interests in mind.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

AT&T give a straight answer with dates when Note 4 or Note 5 will revice MM update rather than kicking your own customers unless you do not want them as customers....

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@CrushedCus1tmr

NO CARRIER GIVES DATES!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Honestly I just would like to know if the Note 4 will in fact receive the marshmallow update. I have seen it on my son's S6 and I'm jealous.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

Yes, it will, as long as you are using ATT.  

Carriers cannot update phones OTA if they are not on their network. 

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

8 years ago

Canada started May 31 releasing Marshmallow for Note 4.   Sure as usual AT&T will be one of the Last U.S. carriers to release it.

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

8 years ago

AT&T will release marshmallow to the note 4 when everyone else starts to receive android N.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.