The Samsung Galaxy S24
virtualdaisy's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, November 29th, 2014 3:05 PM

Note 3 & 4.4.4 Email Issue, amd Battery Drain

Starting right after the 4.4.4 update, now when I check email in the default Email app (Exchange email from work) the body of the emails are all blank. I must click on "Load more details" button to see the messages. I have my Gmail account going into the same default Email app but it works fine. When I sent into the Exchange email account's settings > Sync settings > Size to retrieve emails > Size ot retrieve emails, the only option is Headers only. Same for while roaming. It was not this way before the 4.4.4 update. There is no policy through on the Exchange nor through the management software that sets or restricts this setting. I've thought about deleting the Exchange email account and adding it back but it's a complicated task to set back up through the management software. Is there anything else I can try try fix this?

Also, I've seen posts here about Samsung S4 and battery drain issues. I have a Note 3 and have also noticed the battery drain at a remarkably faster rate. I don't see any single app running hot. I have tried charging back to full after a near full drain. Didn't help.

If these issues can't be fixed, is there a way to rollback my phone to 4.4.3?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

9 years ago

virtualdaisy,

Thanks for reaching out to us. There are a couple of things we can try to troubleshoot what you're experiencing.

With the e-mail, try clearing the cache for the app under Menu>Settings>General>Application manager>All>E-mail

We would also suggest trying to delete and re-install the account, if you are able to.

Regarding the battery drain, try booting up the device in Safe Mode - http://bit.ly/11VENwb for about two hours and tell us if this helps.

Thanks,

Samsung Support ^Kov

Scholar

• 

457 Messages

9 years ago

That's why I never trust their update version of software. Just a bunch of malware causing more problem than is needed.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

I had a similar problem on LG G2 staring in late Oct or early Nov.  It drains and cycles phone off. ATT says their is nothing they can do since it was 8 days after end of warranty.  What a joke.  I am getting out of my ATT contract asap

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I went ahead and tried a factory reset. It didn't make any difference.

GPS still not tracking. In fact, if I change "Locations" to GPS only, the GPS doesn't work to find me.

Same problem with the email not giving me the ability to change retrieve size to something more than just the header. There's at least 60% of the phone's storage free and more than 75% of the SD card storage free. Not related to there not being enough space.

Since factory reset, does still seem to use more battery. Today I'll change to a different battery to see if that makes any difference (rule out the battery).

AT&T chat tech support couldn't help. Sent me to Samsung chat tech support. They couldn't help. They've opened a ticket for me to mail the phone to see if they can repair it there. Can't send with data, though. Will need to factory reset again before mailing. They won't be able to test the Exchange activesync mail issue. Hopefully they can figure out the GPS and battery ones. Not looking forward to being without a phone for a couple of weeks.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

The post from Samsung support above was tagged as Solved. It was not tagged as solved by me the original poster of this conversation.  Maybe Samsung support's reply helped someone else but it did not help me. A factory reset made no difference to the email issue. When the phone comes back from Samsung repair, hopefully the GPS will work again and battery won't drain as quickly, but even if those are solved Samsung supports response to me directly outside of this conversation was that I would have to call Samsung when the phone came back and try again to find an answer to the email issue. The Samsung chat support had no answers for me. I am still hoping someone else will see this conversation and identify with it and know what happened and how to correct it. 

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

If the hardware is fine, which I imagine it is they will just restore your device to either the previous firmware or the current. I've learned not to update if everything is working ok. I was on 4.3 until last month but this is my last android device.

The only thing that fixed my device was rooting and using a custom rom. But I shouldn't have to do that to fix problems
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.