Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Not getting unlock prompt on Galaxy S8 Active

Contributor

Not getting unlock prompt on Galaxy S8 Active

I purchased a refurbished Samsung Galaxy S8 Active that was supposed to be unlocked but when I put my SIM card in,  I got the MM6 error "Phone not allowed". After searching the internet to figure out  the next step,  I contacted the phone carrier AT&T, requested an unlock code, received the approval code and the only thing it said in my email instructions was to contact my carrier if I have additional questions. I Googled the Samsung instructions, followed them but still haven't gotten the prompt and I still have the same SIM code error. 

I have MetroPCS which is owned by T-Mobile. They're not MVNO to AT&T according to my searches unless it's changed more recently since AT&T bought out T-Mobile.  I should also add that I tried to do the dialer code and that didn't work either. 

Message 1 of 2
Digital Assistant

Re: Not getting unlock prompt on Galaxy S8 Active

Hello scaress92,

I am an automated bot that collects the top rated solutions that have been used by other members to solve similiar problems. From your post, I've determined that you're looking for help unlocking your device.

Here's what I recommend:

Please pay close attention to the eligibility requirements as the majority of customers having difficulties unlocking their device do not meet all the criteria. Customer Care is unable to unlock a device that does not meet these conditions.

I’m the Digital Assistant for the AT&T Community Forums, available 24/7. I can help find solutions to your questions.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support