Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: New software update interrupted

Contributor

New software update interrupted

Hi,

I have been trying to update my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, but it keeps telling me it is interrupted. Why is this? Nothing should be interrupting it. I have more than 3gb free on the device, and have been able to successfully download the 600mb+ file, but when the phone reboots to begin the update process it fails, stating that the process was interrupted. Please help. I currently have 5.0 installed.
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

you need almost 7 gb of free space for the download to install.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

For a 600mb download? That seems a little ridiculous.
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by MrD3rp
‎12-15-2015 4:24 PM

that file uncompressed is almost 3gb.

have a read on this thread

https://forums.att.com/t5/Samsung-Discussion-Support/Software-Update-Installation-Interrupted-on-Sel...

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support