The Samsung Galaxy S24
tben01's profile

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

Monday, April 11th, 2016 3:44 PM

Marshmallow update for the Galaxy S6 edge

Can someone please tell me when AT&T will release Marshmallow for the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge? It seems like all other major carriers have already done so. I know AT&T is always the last to release updates, but I just need to have an idea when it might do so.

Thabnk you.

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

8 years ago

Glimmer.....not everybody has your buying power....lol. Some of us just have to wait and complain. My next phone will definitely be and unlocked one. Won't that help with timely updates?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@tben01

depends on the unlocked phones!  Samsung was slow to update the euro s6 like the 920F and 920i.

And my buying power?  Its not like the nexus 6p is that expensive...  Hey and its not like I have got a s7 or G5(Yuck by the way I had a friends unit for a day and it was blah).  I decided to skip the s7 and wait and see on the s7 edge+ if they make one or note 6

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

8 years ago

Well....at least they are updated now. I know we have to wait a little, but to have to wait that long is frustrating.

Scholar

• 

184 Messages

8 years ago

It seems to be most android phones on the network. I dont have an s6 but LG G3 has not received an update since last july.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@MAllow

for some reason the LG G3 was forgoten about on ATT.  I had one used it for 4 weeks and gave it to my 17 year old daughter at the time.  I hated everything about the UI on the G3.  The G5 is the sameway the ui is just so junky and clunky.

Scholar

• 

184 Messages

8 years ago

Thats true becuase I had to add a customer launcher like Nova Launcher to smooth out the experience. The lag is horrible and freezes a lot.

Scholar

• 

184 Messages

8 years ago

Buying an unlocked phone to get updates faster is just ridiculous.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I called AT&T customer center, they said I need to go Bestbuy who has samsung tech. So I told them T mobile already released update, they said AT&T had three time more subscriber than T mobile.
I went to Bestbuy, but there is no samsung guy. Monday and Tuesday no samsung guy at bestbuy.
I went back the other day and update it.
What a great customer service AT&T provides

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

8 years ago

Are you saying it can be updated now if it's unlocked even if it's a AT&T phone?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

It is a waiting at this time. My brother has a note 5 and no update dispite the fact its one of the best right now

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.