Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Marshmallow update for the Galaxy S6 edge

Highlighted
Mentor

Marshmallow update for the Galaxy S6 edge

Can someone please tell me when AT&T will release Marshmallow for the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge? It seems like all other major carriers have already done so. I know AT&T is always the last to release updates, but I just need to have an idea when it might do so.

Thabnk you.

Message 1 of 219

Re: Marshmallow update for the Galaxy S6 edge

Your guess good as anyones.   T-Mobile released it today for their S6 & S6 Edge 1.3 Gb Download.    https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21138 

Message 2 of 219
ACE - Expert

Well the clocks ticking since tmo released ATT has nothing to hide behind now.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 219
Guru

@GLIMMERMAN76 

Clock's definitely ticking for ATT for updating the HTC One M8 to Marsmallow now too.  Just checked TMo's website and Marsmallow was released for their M8 on March 7th. 

Message 4 of 219
ACE - Expert

I figured you knew that. The problem with HTC phones is the low sales numbers. They need to hit a home run with the m10.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 219
Guru

@GLIMMERMAN76

Just now thought to check the TMo site for the HTC M8 update 😛.  You make a point about the low sales numbers of HTC though.  Pity... 'cause, at least in my opinion, they are really good phones.  They're about to release the M10, plus a new Desire series phone or two I think, tomorrow so we'll see if that helps them any.  

Message 6 of 219
Mentor

It's funny how At&t representatives always talk about their company wanting to provide great service to its customers as if that's the reason they're taking their time. Being the last to deliver updates every single time is not great customer service. It's unbeleivable how incredibly SLOW at&t can be when it comes to sofware updates.

Message 7 of 219
Contributor

Yeah, this is ridiculous.  I've been with AT&T for years, but I'm tired of always being the last one to get updates.  I'm done with AT&T as soon as the next Nexus is released and I move to Fi.

Message 8 of 219
Mentor

Sammobile.com just reported that all the major carriers in Canada just released marshmallow for S6 and S6 edge. Even canadian carriers are beating at&t's butt. What a shame!!!

Message 9 of 219
ACE - Expert

@tben01

im to the point im over it.  I just went to using my nexus 6p running android N preview 2

Message 10 of 219
Mentor

Glimmer.....not everybody has your buying power....lol. Some of us just have to wait and complain. My next phone will definitely be and unlocked one. Won't that help with timely updates?

Message 11 of 219
ACE - Expert

@tben01

depends on the unlocked phones!  Samsung was slow to update the euro s6 like the 920F and 920i.

And my buying power?  Its not like the nexus 6p is that expensive...  Hey and its not like I have got a s7 or G5(Yuck by the way I had a friends unit for a day and it was blah).  I decided to skip the s7 and wait and see on the s7 edge+ if they make one or note 6

Message 12 of 219
Mentor

Well....at least they are updated now. I know we have to wait a little, but to have to wait that long is frustrating.

Message 13 of 219
Scholar

It seems to be most android phones on the network. I dont have an s6 but LG G3 has not received an update since last july.

Tags (1)
Message 14 of 219
ACE - Expert

@MAllow

for some reason the LG G3 was forgoten about on ATT.  I had one used it for 4 weeks and gave it to my 17 year old daughter at the time.  I hated everything about the UI on the G3.  The G5 is the sameway the ui is just so junky and clunky.

Message 15 of 219
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support