- edited 06-23-2016 10:00 AM
Effective June 22, 2016, AT&T released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ (G928A). This update is made available to customers to download via firmware over the air (FOTA). Wi-Fi connection is required for update.
Device Update Enhancements:
You can find all the details here, or keep reading below!
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService
Solved by: Go to Solution.
06-22-2016 8:46 PM
User Initiated Software Update
From the home screen, pull down notification shade and select “Settings“
1. Under “System“ category select “About device“ icon
2. Select Software update
3. Select Check for updates
Software update process will not delete any personal data on your phone. Check the AT&T server for new software update?
4. Tap OK
5. Select Continue or remind me later
6. Tap Continue
7. Tap “Done”
Device Initiated Software Update
Customer Notifications may be sent to the Samsung Galaxy S 6 edge+ devices. The device will automatically search for updates within the schedule of 8 hours/ 30 days/ 6 months /12 months upon activation or after factory reset. Installation can be postponed up to three times in four hour intervals for up to 12 hours. The software update requires Wi-Fi connectivity for download progress to begin.
1. Notification - AT&T software update
2. Tap Continue or Postpone – users can postpone 1,4, or 8 hours – up to 3 times
3. Status Message: Software update… Processing… The download for the software update will begin in a moment. The software download may take several minutes
4. Status Message: Downloading…
5. Tap Continue
6. The device will automatically restart once the new software has successfully installed.
7. Status Message: Update Complete: The software has been successfully installed. Your device is now ready to use
8. Tap Done
New Software Specifications:
Procedures for verifying the software version on the device:
1. From the home screen, pull down notificaton shade and select “Settings“
2. Under “System“ category select “About device“ icon
3. Above software specifications above should be visible
Kevin, AT&T Community Specialist
06-24-2016 11:41 AM
Thanks for posting your question. I’m sorry to hear its taking so long to get your update. This is not typical and I’ll be happy to help you.
12+ hours is absolutely too long for the update to be taking.
I would recommend cancelling the update then wiping the cache partition on the phone and trying the download once more.
Keep in mind that this will not cause any information loss on the phone.
Please follow these steps:
The screen will show wiping cache on screen and reboot itself.
Once the phone has been restarted, please attempt to update the phone once more by using these steps:
Please let me know if this helps.
Tim, Community Specialist
06-25-2016 2:50 PM
Google calendar is not syncing now after marshamallow 6.0.1 I have cleared cache, uninstalled, reinstalled...removed google acct...added google acct. Need this calendar for work. At wits end here.
06-25-2016 7:55 PM
Hello I'm tying to update my phone but it says "Current software is up to date" what do i have to do to get the update?
06-29-2016 2:13 PM
07-01-2016 10:12 PM
07-02-2016 6:35 AM
07-03-2016 7:49 PM
07-04-2016 8:45 AM
07-04-2016 12:44 PM
Don't think so. Smart Switch is available for OSX and Windows only. If you have another device, you can use Smart Switch for Android to Android transfers.
07-07-2016 11:05 AM
My phone is still saying "current software is up to date", however it's still showing I have version 5.1.1
I have tried factory resetting my phone and also using smart switch on PC, however I've had no luck.
Can anyone help??
Visit these related resourcesView Samsung Galaxy Fold Help!