Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Marshmallow 6.0 for Note 5?

Teacher

Marshmallow 6.0 for Note 5?

Why is it that every carrier except AT&T has updated Note 5 to Marshmallow. TMObile released theirs yesterday. We are the only carrier without it! Makes me want to switch!

Message 56 of 442
Tutor

Re: Why would I?

I like the marshmallow update but i have some issues with it like removing the weather from the lock screen and lock screen animation. I like the new video call feature the new imojie
Message 421 of 442
Contributor

Why is it forcing me to update to Marshmallow? I'm enjoying Lollipop and don't want my device to become sludge after this complete overhaul of an update?
Message 422 of 442
Guru

@ftroiani

ATT allows for three refusals of an update before it is pushed automatically to your device.  I've been running Marshmallow for about a month on my HTC and, believe me when I say, it hasn't become "sludge " since the update.  The layout took a little bit of getting used to, but performance has been greatly improved, particularly in the battery life department.  Nowadays, updates are becoming crucial if for the simple reason that they will, usually, contain important security patches.  

Message 423 of 442

Marshmellow has better security a much better email app if you don't use
gmail, plus much better battery managment. This goes on but those were some
of the reason many think it's great.
Message 424 of 442
Teacher

July 5th still no marshmellow.  I check everyday and it says its up to date on 5.1.1.  How can I force my note 5 to get the update? Not rooted or anything like that at all.

Message 425 of 442
ACE - Expert

@ninjapowers wrote:

July 5th still no marshmellow.  I check everyday and it says its up to date on 5.1.1.  How can I force my note 5 to get the update? Not rooted or anything like that at all.

@ninjapowers

you can factory reset and see if that will trigger it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 426 of 442
Teacher

That was kind of a last resort option. What are the chances it will actually work?

Message 427 of 442
Teacher

Did the factory reset, and exectly what I didn't want to happen happened.  So now it's reset and it still does not get the update.  Check and it says it's up to date on 5.1.1.

What else can I possibly do to get the update?

Message 428 of 442

Your phone is messed up or something
Message 429 of 442
ACE - Expert

Give it time it's not going to register instantly.  You can take it to best buy and have them flash it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 430 of 442
Teacher

Oh ok.  If I give it time, what's a reasonable amount of time to wait?

Message 431 of 442

Reset your phone
Message 432 of 442
Teacher

It's been reset for a few hours now and it's still not updating.

Message 433 of 442

Try kies or call 611
Message 434 of 442

You might have to take it to an at&t store and have them do it very strange
my update happened about 2 weeks ago, sorry this happening it sucks
Message 435 of 442
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support