The Samsung Galaxy S24
taliawhite's profile

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

Tuesday, April 19th, 2016 8:04 PM

Marshmallow 6.0 for Note 5?

Why is it that every carrier except AT&T has updated Note 5 to Marshmallow. TMObile released theirs yesterday. We are the only carrier without it! Makes me want to switch!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I just finish updating my Note 5. The build number is MMB29K.N920NUCU2BPE6. So far so good.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

8 years ago

Yep same as the sideload thanks vicm96

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

The only issue I found that is annoying is that fingerprint reading used to work all the time to unlock the phone. Now they force you to used 2 authentication like password or 4 digit code only when you restart your phone or has been idle for 24 hours. So the bug and very annoying is that if you remove it from charger or you just leave the phone idle for more than 30 minutes it will ask you to put the password and won’t let you used fingerprint reader. After you put password and you turn it off the screen then fingerprint reader works. If another 30 minutes past that is been idle, password again. Really annoying. Yesterday, in one day I had to put password digit like 50 times, I hope they fix it like in previous 5.1.1 I will just used fingerprint reader to unlock the phone all day.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

I like the marshmallow update but i have some issues with it like removing the weather from the lock screen and lock screen animation. I like the new video call feature the new imojie

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Why is it forcing me to update to Marshmallow? I'm enjoying Lollipop and don't want my device to become sludge after this complete overhaul of an update?

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

@ftroiani

ATT allows for three refusals of an update before it is pushed automatically to your device.  I've been running Marshmallow for about a month on my HTC and, believe me when I say, it hasn't become "sludge " since the update.  The layout took a little bit of getting used to, but performance has been greatly improved, particularly in the battery life department.  Nowadays, updates are becoming crucial if for the simple reason that they will, usually, contain important security patches.  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Marshmellow has better security a much better email app if you don't use
gmail, plus much better battery managment. This goes on but those were some
of the reason many think it's great.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

8 years ago

July 5th still no marshmellow.  I check everyday and it says its up to date on 5.1.1.  How can I force my note 5 to get the update? Not rooted or anything like that at all.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@ninjapowers wrote:

July 5th still no marshmellow.  I check everyday and it says its up to date on 5.1.1.  How can I force my note 5 to get the update? Not rooted or anything like that at all.

@ninjapowers

you can factory reset and see if that will trigger it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.