The Samsung Galaxy S24
taliawhite's profile

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

Tuesday, April 19th, 2016 8:04 PM

Marshmallow 6.0 for Note 5?

Why is it that every carrier except AT&T has updated Note 5 to Marshmallow. TMObile released theirs yesterday. We are the only carrier without it! Makes me want to switch!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

When will AT&T release Android 6.0 for Samsung Note 5

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

Asked and answered a dozen times. Check the forum for previous answers to your question.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Would appreciate a link to the "answer", as I searched the forums prior to this posting and saw no schedule for release of Android OS 6.0 (Marshmallow) for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 that I just purchased in October.

Thank you for your assistance,

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Would appreciate a link to the "answer", as I searched the forums prior to this posting and saw no schedule for release of Android OS 6.0 (Marshmallow) for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 that I just purchased in October.

Thank you for your assistance,

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@gjturner1

There is no real answer since ATT does not release update schedules.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Trying to understand why I should concider upgrading to a Galaxy S7 with At&t, since having a note 5 for three months resulted in a bad device that was attempted to be replaced with a refurbished one. And still remains 6 moths behind the industry for the Marshmallow update. Would this continue to remain the issue with an S7 as well. Is there any systems in place to keep the ATT Samsung pairing as current as the other carriers? Perhaps you can explain the reasons to continue a relationship with ATT and Samsung with this upgrade?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Will it be before or after "N" is released?

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

8 years ago

Apple is best for Updates because it comes from them and not carrier after they put all their Bloatware into updates and have to get them to run in it.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Tailgunner747

no NEXUS DEVICES ARE BEST.  There android updates come from google directly.  I can do without fruit on my phone.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hello @H8youATandT !

Thanks for posting your concerns. I’m sorry to hear you are having a negative experience with device updates.

We work hard to ensure all updates are fully tested before releasing them to our customers.

AT&T does more testing before releasing updates than other carriers to ensure we minimize post installation issues as much as possible.

Based on overall coverage in the U.S., AT&T has the nation’s largest network. AT&T connects to your home, cars, devices entertainment, friends and family. These are just a few of the reasons we hope you continue to do business with us.

Hope this helps,
-JP, AT&T Social Media Manager

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.