The Samsung Galaxy S24
Texas_Toast's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, September 29th, 2016 8:05 PM

Latest update Galaxy S7 Edge - battery draining

So I had an update pushed through yesterday.

Trusting(I know, I know) I updated my phone.

And now today, I can't keep a charge to save my life.

My phone, which was at 100% when I left home at 7am this morning is now at 8%.

They only activity, other than streaming music while plugged into my charger  this morning,  was 4 texts. Otherwise, it's been "asleep"/standby all day.

Help.

Currently, it's plugged in via a usb cord to my work laptop. And it's not charging. In fact, in the time it's taken me to write this it's dropped to 6%.

Holy cow!

What is going on?

How can I stop this bleed out of battery power?

I have nothing running in the background, my screen brightness is all but turned down to the lowest setting.

I've rebooted, powered down, cleared the cache partition and even made a small starburst offering to the Android Saints.

I'm stumped.

Can anyone help?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Uninstalled Oculus, and so far it seems to be helping... Phone has cooled off noticeably, and battery charge is now predicted to last through the day. (Galaxy S7)

Thanks for the tip, amitg85!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I'm having the same issue as well as super slow sending text messages even with full bars.

Mentor

• 

222 Messages

8 years ago

I have been having the same problem. I did clear the cache and it didn't work so I factory reset so far so good. s7 edge.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

Yeah, was planning on a factory reset when I got home. 😞

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Having the same problem with my S7 non-edge. Terrible battery life, overheating, lagging response... Cleared the cache, and hoping that will work (and I don't have to employ the factory reset).

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Same here but I have an S7 (not edge) ... some other posts are suggesting to disable wifi calling.. but even when I try to do that the phone does not respond and the spinner wheel will not stop or do anything... I am really trying to avoid a factory reset... Hey AT&T guys ... any solutions here 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I am having the same issue since this morning. Just read on a reddit thread that this is happening due to oculus updates and uninstall all oculus and gear VR related stuff. Gonna try that now, before factory reset. S7 Edge

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

same problem with S7 (not edge). Getting hot, draining battery. Disabling wifi calling does not help. Airplane mode does not help. 

Other symptoms :

- Texts show as spinning circle eventhough they are sent. (I get responses back on them!)

- Oculus disabled, no difference

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

As per Reddit threads, a lot of people started facing this same issue today and the reason is an oculus app called "oculus rooms" which tries to update itself, but fails and then keep on retrying in a loop. This update was released today and so it seems to be the root cause for this issue.

Use this link to disable all oculus apps and service -

https://support.oculus.com/968822933206930

And also turn off auto update.

Mine is at 1% battery and i am at office right now, so cant test this. Will try at home in couple of hours and then update. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

FIXED - Just wanted to let you know that uninstalling occulus fixed my problem immediately... my phone is back to normal now.. it is no longer hot and the battery charged to full charge very fast. I followed the instructions on the link provided above to remove occulus and then I did a re-start. 

Thanks amitg85

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.