Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Insurance question

Highlighted
Contributor

Insurance question

So I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and have a problem with the charging port. Everytime I charge plug it in, it charges so slow and the "Fast Charging" option doesn't show up. I have the mobile insurance premium plan for my phone, but I don't think I would have to file a claim since my phone is working fine. So what do I do? Can I go to a device center at AT&T and they be able to fix it? Or do I have to file a claim and have to replace the whole device. Thanks I'm just really confused of what I should do. (Everytime I charge it, the charging cuts off or stop and charges again)
Message 1 of 2
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Victor245
‎03-16-2016 12:12 PM

Re: Insurance question

Hey Victor! Have you already tried to use a different cable, charger, and outlet? If so and that still didn't work, this is something that should be covered under the 1-year warranty. In that case, the Device Support Center is your quickest option if you live near one. They'll try to fix it and if they can't, they will replace your device with an AT&T Certified Like-New device of the same make and model. If you don't live near a DSC, then calling up AT&T customer support at 1-800-331-0500 and telling them you've already troubleshooted the issue and didn't resolve it will get them to mail out a warranty replacement. 

Now, if you're out of warranty, you can go to phoneclaim.com/att and file an insurance claim there. It's by far the fastest way to get it done. It also lets you see right off the bat what the insurance claim deductible will be and depending on how long you've had insurance on the line, the deductible will be less than the full deductible!

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support