The Samsung Galaxy S24
amandagoodnough's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 15th, 2015 11:25 PM

How do I update Galaxy S5 to Lollipop!!

Hi all!! So today, my phone said I had the new sotware update, then it went to saying there was not enough room on the device. I went and cleared up enough room (2.32 GB), and the two diagonal arrows (one pointing one way the other pointing the other, it's the usual AT&T software update notification) with a check under it remains in my notification bar; when I pull now the menu, it still says "AT&T Software Update Avail... No available space to download". Like I mentioned before, I have 2.32 GB available. With that being said, when I go to: Settings: About Device: Software Updates: the "continue update" spot it "greyed out", and the "check for updates" spot is white and available to click; so I do that and after checking for updates it says "current software is up to date you may check again in 20 hours and 27 minutes.

So is there or isn't there a new update? And how much space should I free up if there is an update?

**Update** I moved more stuff, got the device memory up to 4.35, and still nothing, even after I restarted my phone! 😕

Thanks everyone for your help 🙂 

-Amanda

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

Initially, you didn't have enough space for the update.  (Lollipop requires a minimum of 3 GB.)  Now, you have enough space but you have to wait for the specfied time to elapse before proceeding.  If you don't want to wait, it is possible to set the time forward the 20+ hours and then you should  be able to download and install the update. 

It's always a good idea to back up all your data before installing a major update.  After iyou install the update, wipe the cache partition to get rid of any leftover rubbish that might cause problems. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Me too, ughhh
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.