The Samsung Galaxy S24
valeronaldo's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, April 15th, 2017 5:22 AM

How Do I Request An Unlock As a Non-AT&T Customer?

I buy a Galaxy S7 Edge At&t on ebay, how can i get the unlock code? i live in indonesia. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

There is only one way to unlock it. Assuming the phone you bought was already paid by the AT&T account holder, you can request the unlocking as a NON ATT CUSTOMER on their website.
If the phone was not paid or was reported lost or stolen, you won't be able to get or request unlocking whatsoever. Check the website, once you try to unlock the website gives you a brief explanation why the phone can not be unlocked.
Good Luck!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Request here as a non customer.  https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

i already try that but always get this  "The IMEI you entered does not appear to be an AT&T wireless phone or tablet. Please re-enter the correct 15-digit IMEI number for your AT&T wireless phone or tablet. You can obtain the IMEI number from the wireless phone by dialing *#06#."

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

what is the model number under system>about device>model number?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My Mother died. Account paid and closed. I want to use her Iphone6 in other state with different carrier. I cannot unlock because site asks for IMEI number but without service, I cannot dial#611.  What now?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@law1964 wrote:

My Mother died. Account paid and closed. I want to use her Iphone6 in other state with different carrier. I cannot unlock because site asks for IMEI number but without service, I cannot dial#611.  What now?

@law1964

I’m sorry for your loss.

You do not call ATT to unlock phones.  You submit here as a non customer.  https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@law1964 If you are looking for the imei, go to settings/general/about

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

If I buy an AT&T phone outright from Samsung, apple, or best buy because of a sale am I able to request an unlock on it without activating it?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@Yesplease7 wrote:

If I buy an AT&T phone outright from Samsung, apple, or best buy because of a sale am I able to request an unlock on it without activating it?

Apple, yes, if you buy the sim free version

Best Buy.  If you buy the ATT version, NO.  You will have to wait at least 14 days and jump through hoops.

Samsung.  Yes if you buy the unlocked version.  If you buy the ATT version, see the Best Buy answer.

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I requested  my device  ro be unlocked on att website  its says request  approved and givers me instructions  on how to unlock but did not give me the unlock code

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.