For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
prescripted's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, April 23rd, 2016 3:09 PM

Google Factory Reset Protection

My cousin somehow locked herself out of her S7 since she reset it or something and now it won't let her pass the enter google account screen. She doesn't remember which google account is attached to it. Is there anything at&t can do? She said she took it to at&t and they weren't able to help her, but there must be something they can do no? 

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

6 years ago

i have the same issue and I am the seller?  I did NOT know this and throught a full factory RESET seemed to make the phone LIKE new and as a FACTORY reset - as advertised in all of the phone info??  

So a factory reset is not really a full hard reset?  The apps - yes, the user data - yes, the phone company  - yes, but to the OS and google OBVIOUSLY some part of my private data is STILL on there like my google account info??  sort misleading.

If I delete it from my Devices how does it "free up" the phone?  OR do I need to physically get the phone back?   USPS took 15 days to get it from NY to TN?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I need

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@thomasjohnlynch

You may may be able to remote remove the device from your google account.

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/remotely-wipe-your-android-device-with-the-help-of-google/

good luck.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.