Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Galaxy S7 edge Android 6.0.1 won't update

Contributor

Galaxy S7 edge Android 6.0.1 won't update

I bought a galaxy s7 in 2018 in Dubai UAE.

It has android 6.0.1. It is AT&T branded - do not shows AT&T logo at startup.

I am using Vimpelcom MOBILINK Warid prepaid in Pakistan, previously Du telecom number in UAE.

When I check for android updates, it says it is going to contact AT&T's servers. Then it says I have the latest software. i request to unlock it by sending IMEI number, they send and email with some code to unlock and follow the procedure but it does not work either,  then i chat with someone online he said to backup the data and factory reset it, it does not work Can you please guide how to update the software. more its says in smart switch info option your device is up to date PK1(ATT) Android version 6.0.1 and mobile in option devise status Official.

What can I do to get this thing upgraded?

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by GLIMMERMAN76
‎03-15-2019 8:48 AM

Re: Galaxy S7 edge Android 6.0.1 won't update

You can't.  You have to be a ATT customer located in the USA to update a phone.  There are places on the net to get the updates but we can not tell you those here.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support