Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Android 7 Nougat Update?

Mentor

Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Android 7 Nougat Update?

Has anyone on ATT here in the US received the new OTA update to Nougat (Android 7) on their Galaxy S7/Edge phones yet?  Reports are out that today Samsung started rolling out the update.  If anyone from ATT sees this, can you confirm if and when the Nougat update will roll out to our phones?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 141
Teacher

Re: Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Android 7 Nougat Update?

There you are wrong sprint  had the nougat update already  in November of 2016
Message 46 of 141
ACE - Expert

Care to prove that Chris? There is no s7 series phones running official nougat. Unless they were in the beta test.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 47 of 141
ACE - Expert

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 48 of 141
Teacher

My friend  has sprint and he has it sends  last year 
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-edge_id9818
Message 49 of 141
ACE - Expert

Please come back when you have proof
Message 50 of 141
Teacher

Message 51 of 141
ACE - Expert

You might want to read what you post.

There is no us carrier with nougat on a s7 series phone unless it was a beta device.

Below is from the link you posted so as I said prove it that nougat has been released by a us carriers.

Android Nougat is now available for Samsung phones and tablets, and we don't mean the rinky-dink beta that launched on November 9. It's real update.

Of course, if you're phone is locked to a network, like AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile or Sprint in the US, you're going to have to wait for them to sign-off of the update.
Message 52 of 141
ACE - Expert

@DaleDoback wrote:

Has anyone on ATT here in the US received the new OTA update to Nougat (Android 7) on their Galaxy S7/Edge phones yet?  Reports are out that today Samsung started rolling out the update.  If anyone from ATT sees this, can you confirm if and when the Nougat update will roll out to our phones?  Thanks!

Tmobile is the first us carrier to release nougat to the s7 series of phones.  Its a cool 1.5GB in size.... ouch....

http://www.droid-life.com/2017/02/17/tmobile-galaxy-s7-nougat-update/

Message 53 of 141

I have an 1.5gb update right now.
Screenshot_20170217-173949.png
Message 54 of 141

What service do you have??
Message 55 of 141

Att. And this is on my S7 Edge. Postpaid not prepaid.

Message 56 of 141

I just did a software update check and I have one to. I'm on att also
Message 57 of 141
ACE - Expert

It's nougat. I'm not saying anything more to the change log posts.
Message 58 of 141
Highlighted
Employee
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎02-17-2017 4:38 PM

Effective February 17, 2017, AT&T released an Android Nougat 7.0 software update for the Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930A.

You can also find all the software versions available, including the most recent, by visiting our Software Download support article.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 59 of 141
Contributor

Im pretty sure i just got it because the update is 1.6 gb. And yes Im sure im using the smg935a on the official firmware

Message 60 of 141
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support