For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
DaleDoback's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Thursday, January 12th, 2017 6:00 PM

Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Android 7 Nougat Update?

Has anyone on ATT here in the US received the new OTA update to Nougat (Android 7) on their Galaxy S7/Edge phones yet?  Reports are out that today Samsung started rolling out the update.  If anyone from ATT sees this, can you confirm if and when the Nougat update will roll out to our phones?  Thanks!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Please come back when you have proof

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

You might want to read what you post.

There is no us carrier with nougat on a s7 series phone unless it was a beta device.

Below is from the link you posted so as I said prove it that nougat has been released by a us carriers.

Android Nougat is now available for Samsung phones and tablets, and we don't mean the rinky-dink beta that launched on November 9. It's real update.

Of course, if you're phone is locked to a network, like AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile or Sprint in the US, you're going to have to wait for them to sign-off of the update.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@DaleDoback wrote:

Has anyone on ATT here in the US received the new OTA update to Nougat (Android 7) on their Galaxy S7/Edge phones yet?  Reports are out that today Samsung started rolling out the update.  If anyone from ATT sees this, can you confirm if and when the Nougat update will roll out to our phones?  Thanks!

Tmobile is the first us carrier to release nougat to the s7 series of phones.  Its a cool 1.5GB in size.... ouch....

http://www.droid-life.com/2017/02/17/tmobile-galaxy-s7-nougat-update/

Mentor

• 

222 Messages

7 years ago

I have an 1.5gb update right now.

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

What service do you have??

Mentor

• 

222 Messages

7 years ago

Att. And this is on my S7 Edge. Postpaid not prepaid.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I just did a software update check and I have one to. I'm on att also

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

It's nougat. I'm not saying anything more to the change log posts.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Im pretty sure i just got it because the update is 1.6 gb. And yes Im sure im using the smg935a on the official firmware

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.