For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
DaleDoback's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Thursday, January 12th, 2017 6:00 PM

Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Android 7 Nougat Update?

Has anyone on ATT here in the US received the new OTA update to Nougat (Android 7) on their Galaxy S7/Edge phones yet?  Reports are out that today Samsung started rolling out the update.  If anyone from ATT sees this, can you confirm if and when the Nougat update will roll out to our phones?  Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Effective February 17, 2017, AT&T released an Android Nougat 7.0 software update for the Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930A.

You can also find all the software versions available, including the most recent, by visiting our Software Download support article.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

I have received the Nougat update on my S7 Edge this morning.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@DaleDoback

you might want to read those stories better.  its for the 930/935F which is the euro model....  The us carriers have to certify the builds first.  I dont think we will see it till march.

http://www.androidcentral.com/stable-nougat-ota-now-hitting-galaxy-s7-and-s7-edge-starting-beta-users.  Notice they say when it starts rolling out to carriers around the world.

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

Look man, your Android Central article is just as vague as Android Authority and SamMobile, etc.  It says they are rolling out OTA update now, and everyone around the world will soon begin to see the updates.  Nowhere in that article does it say "only Euro" versions of the phone or when specifically the US carriers will see it.  Mine is a G935XXX, I don't know or care what versions are in what part of the world.  I was just simply asking the question here, and maybe getting the attention of an ATT moderator who could chime in if they know anything else about timing.  But I'll be sure to "read these stories better"   good grief...

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@DaleDoback wrote:

Look man, your Android Central article is just as vague as Android Authority and SamMobile, etc.  It says they are rolling out OTA update now, and everyone around the world will soon begin to see the updates.  Nowhere in that article does it say "only Euro" versions of the phone or when specifically the US carriers will see it.  Mine is a G935XXX, I don't know or care what versions are in what part of the world.  I was just simply asking the question here, and maybe getting the attention of an ATT moderator who could chime in if they know anything else about timing.  But I'll be sure to "read these stories better"   good grief...

@DaleDoback

My intent was not to make you mad.  it was to state you have to look at the model numbers as it shows where the update is going which does mean something.  The picture they used in that story is of a 935F you can see it in the build number.

As to if ATT will tell you when there releasing the update.  They dont and wont comment on it.  As cs reps dont have access to the build teams for the updates.

Take this with a grain of salt but ATT did not update the s6 series till May of 2016.  Then to compound the issue samsung is rolling out 7.0 not 7.1.1 which is a problem.

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

I do agree with you there, updating to 7.0 instead of 7.1.1 is just not smart.  Early reports even seemed to confirm that Samsung was going to roll out 7.1.1 as the official update because of all the stability improvements contained.  However it doesn't appear that will be the case.  Not sure why.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm installing the update right now. I have a galaxy S7, and I'm in California 🙂 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Att branded phone?

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

7 years ago

You not downloading it on a Branded phone unless you was in the Beta Program and not on AT&T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

1/17/17

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.