Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Galaxy S6 compatibility

Highlighted
Contributor

Galaxy S6 compatibility

I just received the unlock code for my s6 and put an active Verizon sim card in. It took the code successfully, and says that it's registered on the network, but nothing works. My drag down screen says network not available, and says I'm out of the service area when I try to make a call.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Guru
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎06-11-2019 2:21 PM

Re: Galaxy S6 compatibility

On this forum https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Series/How-do-i-transfer-my-galaxy-s6-from... it says

The AT&T model of the Galaxy S6 is not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Sage

Re: Galaxy S6 compatibility

The Samsung series prior to the S8 series cannot work on a Verizon or Sprint type.   They don’t have LTE band 13.  

Not the S5, S6, S7.  

The S8 and S9 series can convert after the have a full OS update, because they do include the hardware to work on Verizon and Sprint.   The S10 series should convert after they get an OS update.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support