For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
edpotts42's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, February 8th, 2015 6:32 PM

Galaxy S5 won't connect to AT&T data network

I updated my Galaxy S5 last night and ever since I can not connect to the AT&T data network. I can only access the internet over wifi. Is anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hey @edpotts42

We have been receiving reports of connectivity issues with the Samsung Galaxy S5 after updating to 4.4.4. We are currently working with Samsung in order to identify a root cause and fix for this issue. As appears to have helped for some of the customers who have posted in this topic, the issue appears to be related to Smart Switch which can be addressed by disabling this feature. To do so:

1. Go to Settings>Wi-Fi>Smart network switch

1. Remove the mark in the checkbox.

We appreciate your patience as we work with Samsung to find a permanent solution to this issue.

Thanks,

Charise

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I am experiencing the same problem. I have gone through the trouble shooting but it still will not connect even though it is set to enable. Is there a fix for this problem?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I just worked with AT&T service support and the young ladythat helped me had to reassign my IMEI number. The phone is now getting mobile data. I tried everything else as shown in the trouble-shooting section of ATT. If anyone is experiencing the problem of no mobile data, i would contact AT&T.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

i tyyed the switch still wont let me use my internet either maybe they should have tryed it before sending to people to update

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Me too and that fix doesn't work. Any way to undo the update? My phone is currently useless

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Try checking the access point name settings in your device . Sometimes when an update happens these settings are erased and you will have issues connecting to the mobile data network. If you can go into you settings of your device ,and under the tab for connections tab you should see more networks select this option , then select mobile data and within that selection you should see the option for access point name.  the settings should be

1. Access the Settings menu.
  2. Locate and select Wireless & Networks or More Networks.
  3. Select Mobile Networks.
  4. Select Access Point Names.
  5. Locate and select the option to add a new APN. This is usually accessed by a + symbol on the screen or by tapping the menu button.
  6. Program each field using the settings below.
  7. Save the changes to return to the APNs menu and select the new APN.
NameATT Phone
APNphone
ProxyNot set
PortNot set
UsernameNot set
PasswordNot set
ServerNot set
MMSChttp://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxyproxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port80
MCC310
MNC410
Authentication TypeNone
APN typedefault,mms,supl,hipri
APN protocolIPv4
BearerUnspecified

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB424489

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

You are seriously A life saver. Followed your instructions and I connected right away with no issues. Thanks for your time.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I acually have my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 on Metro PCS but having the same trouble.

so I looked up MetroPCS APN settings and followed the settings I found online.

They were different from the setting that was on my Galaxy S5.

After I changed the APN settings my 4GLTE mobile data was working fine! (:

https://apn.gishan.net/settings/os_1_23_android_0_internet_and_mms_settings_for_metropcs.php

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

My Samsung Galaxy S5 Will ONLY Connect To THE Internet,facebook,And Any Other apps When I'm connected To Wifi. Tried everything, there is nothing turned on in the settings that I haven't seen.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Wanted to say thank you, that soultion fixed my wifes S5..

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.