For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Chris_Singh's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, August 29th, 2016 12:46 PM

Galaxy S5 Marshmallow update

Everytime I check for the new update it keep saying that the current software is up to date. Very frustrating, does anyone have a download link for the 6.0.1 update.zip file?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Tailgunner747

This user does not reside in the united states.  

@Chris_Singh

Since your not a ATT customer you wont get updates.  ATT only updates phones FOTA(firmware over the air).  They have a IMEI check on the phones to see if you are on the ATT network.

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

8 years ago

Take it to a Best Buy that has a Samsung Sales Dept in it.  They should be able to Flash it.  Be sure you have about 3GB+ of Free space on phone.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76

Yes but that's the reason why I'm asking for the update.zip file, so I can install it like I did with 5.1.1

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Att does not provide a update.zip for there updates.  You might find one elsewhere but not direct from ATT.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

If I have an unlocked AT&T phone, can I root it (I guess it already is, that being the meaning of "unlocked", correct?), install a non-ATT Marshmallow OS and still use the AT&T network?  Actually, I'm buying a used Galaxy S5 and hope to use it on Cricket Wireless.  It has 5.something on it right now, and I'd like to update it.  But since I am not an AT&T customer it doesn't seem that there is an option to update it through AT&T (I'll check with Best Buy though).

Thanks for the help.

--Michael

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

@PastorMRB Your best route is to take it to BB.

We don't officially support rooting up here, but I can say that you have to be very careful, whatever route you take here, as not all models are neccessarily "cross-compatible", in terms of firmwares.  You can brick a phone, if things aren't compatible.

Per @GLIMMERMAN76, you could probably find the correct version, but if you can simply have someone flash it for you, and avoid the stress/struggle.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Ok thanks @GLIMMERMAN76. Does anyone have link to download the update file?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am having the same issue with the upgrade/update.   My Samsung galaxy S5 is still at 5.0.

SAMSUNG-SM-G900A.  I am in the US and with AT&T and each day I try the over the air update I too get the statement your software is up to date check back in 24hrs. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Yep... Me too. I'm in the US and an AT&T subscriber using an S5 bought from AT&T..

What is the roll out schedule?

I too get the statement your software is up to date check back in 24hrs. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@lt401vette @jmurphy52

If you both are in the US take the phone to a samsung experience center in a best buy and they can flash it for you free of charge. 

@jmurphy52  If your on 5.0 your way way behind.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.