For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
DBM38961's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 8th, 2015 4:31 AM

Galaxy S5 Active will not send text messages

My Samsung S5 Active suddenly decided to stop sending text messages today. There was a software update last week, but I had no problems until today. I have searched several forums and have tried all the fixes including the one listed in this forum. Is there anything else I can try? Can the latest update be reversed? There's no need to have the phone or service if you can't use it. This is very frustrating.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @DBM38961,

Thank you for reaching out to the AT&T Community for assistance on your Galaxy S5 Active; I would be happy to assist you.

The Galaxy S5 Active received a Security Patch update on 08/05/2015, this security patch is critical so reverting back to a previous version is not possible.

I understand that you have tried to troubleshoot the issue, have you verified if the issue is with Mobile Data or simply SMS Text messaging?

To test standard text messaging: Text the word TEST to the number 151; if you receive a response, SMS is working.

To test Mobile Data: Disable Wi-Fi from your device and see if you can access the webpage www.att.com/ttr from your mobile Internet browser. The site will let you know if everything is working.

If you have mobile data but are unable to send SMS messages; go to Settings>Applications>Messages>Force Stop>Clear Cache and reboot your device.
You can chat in with Technical Support by going to our “Contact Us” page and click on the blue “Chat Now” button.

Thank you,

Charise

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

If you have mobile data but are unable to send SMS messages; go to Settings>Applications>Messages>Force Stop>Clear Cache and reboot your device.
You can chat in with Technical Support by going to our “Contact Us” page and click on the blue “Chat Now” button.

To test standard text messaging: Text the word TEST to the number 151; if you receive a response, SMS is working.

I have the same problem. Sending a message to 151 with contents 'TEST' has the same failed result as any other text message.

I have cleared the cache in the messages app and I still can't send messages. 

Do you have another suggestion?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

UPDATE: I found a blog post that had a suggestion of changing from 4G-LTE to any other 4G network. This worked! I am now able to send text messages.

I would link to it, but this forum is preventing me from adding the link. Ugh.

It is annoying to have to change to a slower data network in order to send a text message.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.