Galaxy S5 Active Lollipop Update?

Did the S5 Active get Lollipop today?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

9 years ago

Android lollipop 5.0 is now available for the S5 Active! You will receive a notification to your device.

1. Drag down the notification bar, and tap the Settings icon.
  2. Scroll to the System category, and tap About device.
  3. Tap Software update.
  4. Tap Check for updates
    • The phone displays: Software update process will not delete any personal data on your phone. Check the AT&T server for new software update?
  5. Tap OK.
    • The following status messages display: 
      • Checking for update; Processing…The download for the software update will begin in a moment. The software download may take several minutes.
      • Downloading…
    • Software update: A software update is available for your device that requires Wi-Fi connectivity for download progress to begin. Connect to a Wi-Fi network? For a list of free Wi-Fi networks click here AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots.
  6. Select Continue or remind me later
    • The phone displays: A new software update from AT&T is available for our device. This download will occur over Wi-Fi. Please make sure that you stay within the Wi-Fi coverage area while the download takes place. This could take several minutes.
  7. Tap Continue
    • The following status messages display:
      • Downloading software update, Please do not leave Wi-Fi coverage area.
      • A new software update from AT&T is available for your device. This software update will take several minutes and will not delete any personal data on your device. All service (including emergency calls) will be suspended during the install.
      • The device will automatically restart once the new software has successfully installed.
      • Update Complete. The software has been successfully installed. Your device is now ready to use.
  8. Tap Done.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I checked. Not yet, but since we have the Active variant, I expect for it to come out within the next few hours or days.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

9 years ago

I agree.  I got 4.4.4 the same day as the GS5 so crossing my fingers.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

It's possible that AT&T might be releasing the update in stages, so check over the next few days to see.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

Lets hope so. Did anyone check for updates using the software update option? I unfortunatley tried it yesterday around 6:30 pm so i have another 3 hours before i can check for it again. 

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

9 years ago

I have tried the Software Updates check and nothing yet.  Also instead of waiting 3 hours you can just set your date forward manually to check again.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Wait, how can you change the wait time on the phone. I have to wait 24 hours before I'm able to check again without changing the date.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

9 years ago

Just manually advance the date a day at a time.   You'll end up having to keep pushing it out but it does work.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks I tried it that way but no luck 😞

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

9 years ago

It doesn't appear to have been released yet for our device.  Hopefully soon.  Maybe we're getting 5.0.1 😉

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.