Galaxy S5 Active Lollipop Update?

Teacher

Galaxy S5 Active Lollipop Update?

Did the S5 Active get Lollipop today?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 57
Contributor

Re: Galaxy S5 Active Lollipop Update?

My update was pushed overnight and I detest the change in menu colors and whatnot (I am a big fan of black backgrounds/white text and not a big fan of bright colors). I've spent most of the day seaching for a way to change back to this (without rooting or reverting to KitKat) with no luck- I've tried installing a few Launchers and they didn't do what I wanted so I uninstalled them. Ugh. =(

Message 46 of 57

Galaxy S4 active won't update to lollipop

My mom and sister have the same exact phon as me and they automatically updated. But mine won't. Even when I go to manually update, it says that my phone is up to date. Can someone help me out here?
Message 47 of 57
Contributor

galaxy s5 active 5.0?

I have recently been hearing about the 5.0 lollipop update being available for att customer I keep checking for the update with no luck. I would just like to know if I can get a around about data for when this should be available for my device. Thanks in advance.

Justin
Message 48 of 57

None of this has helped at all.
It's been almost 2 weeks and still no update. I keep checking to no avail.
Message 49 of 57
Contributor

I don't understand why the update hasn't appeared on my phone yet. I've tried everything from the OTA method to Kies. I'm really fed up with AT&T at this point. That's saying a lot considering I've been with the company for over 10 years. I think it may be time to move on. My contract is nearly up and I will jump ship at that time. This is ridiculous.

Message 50 of 57
Contributor

I'm not getting the update either, I did an online conversation Saturday (5/2) with a rep from AT&T, and she tried to push it out to my phone, but i was on wifi, with a weak signal, so it wouldn't work, tried again the next morning, with a new rep, and was then told the update is not available yet, and when i pasted the link that said its available, the rep never responded.  

I try the manual, and my phone is up to date, I don't understand why AT&T cant get their act together, and have all their reps on the same page, and have up to date information.

Message 51 of 57
Contributor

It's amateur hour over there. Fed up. No coincidence they are ignoring you when the S6 just dropped. Never thought I'd move to Verizon but that may be the last resort. Then again, the grass is always greener. Heck, maybe I'll just pony up the big money and order straight from Google.

Message 52 of 57
Contributor

It's now JULY and I still cannot get the update on my S5 Active. What is going on?? I have tried nearly every day for the last month with no luck. And my husband's S5 active was purchased the exact same day as mine and he has had the update for months! What is going on? Why can I not update my phone?!?!

Message 53 of 57
ACE - Expert

@bnjohnson wrote:

It's now JULY and I still cannot get the update on my S5 Active. What is going on?? I have tried nearly every day for the last month with no luck. And my husband's S5 active was purchased the exact same day as mine and he has had the update for months! What is going on? Why can I not update my phone?!?!

Call ATT and confirm your IMEI is right in the system.  Also you can take the phone to an ATT device support center or Samsung experience center inside a best buy and get the phone flashed.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 54 of 57
Voyager

I am still at 4.4.2

Message 55 of 57
Tutor

I am in northern virginia.  When will the update for this phone with an i537 variant be released.  I am currently seeming stuck at 4.4.2

Message 56 of 57
Contributor

I ended up going to the Samsung counter at my local best buy, and they
updated it

Message 57 of 57
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support