Helpful Links

Galaxy S5 Active Lollipop Update?

Teacher

Galaxy S5 Active Lollipop Update?

Did the S5 Active get Lollipop today?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 57

Re: Galaxy S5 Active Lollipop Update?

The variants normally get their update within a few days.  We can be hopeful, now that the others are getting their update.  I need this update for my android auto to work correctly!

Message 16 of 57
Contributor

Still nothing.
Message 17 of 57
Contributor

as expected, still nothing.
Message 18 of 57
Contributor

So annoying. It's the same software and same phone other than the look of it. Did the regular at&T users even get the update? There are alot of issues with 4.4.4 on the active such as every time I press my home button it pulls up Google now and not to mention everytime I close my camera a message pops up saying unfortunately contacts has stopped. And hangouts has stopped. I don't even have hangouts enabled on my phone. Really tired of waiting.
Message 19 of 57
Contributor

I was having the same issues and got fed up with it.  I backed up all the important data on my phone to my comp and did a factory reset.  So far, all the issues I had before have gone away.  My battery life has also gone from lasting half a day before needing charged to lasting a full day with a lot of use.  Just a thought until AT&T releases Lillipop to the Active owners.

Message 20 of 57
Contributor

It's 19:04 CST and I just checked. Still no update. If you all are like me. The 4.4.4 update messed up the home button and it always wants to go to google search. Hopefully 5.0.1 fixes this issue.

Message 21 of 57
Teacher

Glad I'm not the only s5 active user that got his home page changed to Google now.
Message 22 of 57
Teacher

Check here for any S5 Active software updates: http://www.att.com/esupport/softwareUpdateArticle.jsp?sid=KB425050&cv=820
Message 23 of 57
Teacher

Really???

Message 24 of 57
Scholar

I like how that AT&T page sdleasia posted still says us GS5 Active users are running 4.4.2 still. Hah! AT&T needs to get their act together.
Message 25 of 57
Teacher

One of the s5 owners sent an email to one of the AT&T high ups on 4/7 complaining about how much the lollipop update is delayed and that AT&T needs to do something about retaining it's customers. Next day the lollipop update got release for the S5. So does that mean that we start sending emails out to the VPs at AT&T for these updates to get attention?
Message 26 of 57
Teacher

I would probably avoid using the "About device", "Software updates" to see if an update is available. Reason being that if an update becomes available after you checked, you may not be able to update til your 24 hours is up. Sure there is the move-time-ahead trickery, but no telling how the update will react to a bad time/date during the update.

Best to just keep ears an eyes open, then update when it becomes available. You don't want to be that last one on the block to get Lollipop!

Message 27 of 57
Teacher

I think we're already the last ones on the block....Smiley Frustrated

Message 28 of 57
Contributor

I've never had a problem changing the date to get an update. Besides this being my 7th gs5 active in 10 months (all different issues, main being broken when received), I for one, think at&t customer retention stinks.
Message 29 of 57
Tutor

I'm sick of waiting for this update! Its about time they release it, it can't be that hard to release the normal s5 one and not the active one there only a few differences!!
Message 30 of 57
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support