For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
bwarloe's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Wednesday, April 8th, 2015 4:29 PM

Galaxy S5 Active Lollipop Update?

Did the S5 Active get Lollipop today?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Hello fellow s5 active friends.... got the lollipop pushed to my phone last night, i HATE the notifications on the lock screen! Horrible. I checked both the lock screen options and the notification options and there's no way to shut it off. It also now blocks my "owner information" message I had on the lockscreen (said in emergency call ______). Hate it. If anyone finds ways to work around lollipop I'll be thrilled. Crappy update. 

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

9 years ago

Go to Settings, Sounds and notifications, scroll down near the bottom for Never on lock screen, or words to that effect. Took me forever to find that!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

OMG YOU'RE MY HERO!!! Thank you!!! Back to my normal lock screen with my fiance's number across the lock screen to call in case of emergency. THANK YOU!!

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

This is crazy....I am still at 4.4.2 and there are no updates available.     And I cannot get again for another 23 hours.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

My update was pushed overnight and I detest the change in menu colors and whatnot (I am a big fan of black backgrounds/white text and not a big fan of bright colors). I've spent most of the day seaching for a way to change back to this (without rooting or reverting to KitKat) with no luck- I've tried installing a few Launchers and they didn't do what I wanted so I uninstalled them. Ugh. =(

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

My mom and sister have the same exact phon as me and they automatically updated. But mine won't. Even when I go to manually update, it says that my phone is up to date. Can someone help me out here?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have recently been hearing about the 5.0 lollipop update being available for att customer I keep checking for the update with no luck. I would just like to know if I can get a around about data for when this should be available for my device. Thanks in advance.

Justin

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

None of this has helped at all.
It's been almost 2 weeks and still no update. I keep checking to no avail.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I don't understand why the update hasn't appeared on my phone yet. I've tried everything from the OTA method to Kies. I'm really fed up with AT&T at this point. That's saying a lot considering I've been with the company for over 10 years. I think it may be time to move on. My contract is nearly up and I will jump ship at that time. This is ridiculous.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I'm not getting the update either, I did an online conversation Saturday (5/2) with a rep from AT&T, and she tried to push it out to my phone, but i was on wifi, with a weak signal, so it wouldn't work, tried again the next morning, with a new rep, and was then told the update is not available yet, and when i pasted the link that said its available, the rep never responded.  

I try the manual, and my phone is up to date, I don't understand why AT&T cant get their act together, and have all their reps on the same page, and have up to date information.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.