Galaxy S5 Active Lollipop Update?

Teacher

Galaxy S5 Active Lollipop Update?

Did the S5 Active get Lollipop today?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 57
Contributor

Re: Galaxy S5 Active Lollipop Update?

I actually emailed at&T help because my home button is so bad with pulling up Google now and they are trying to tell me it could be my home button. I have pretty good technical knowledge and I'm done arguing with them. They just don't listen. I should just get a new phone. I told them tons of other users are having this issue. I'm fine with waiting for lollipop but my phone is acting so crazy ever since 4.4.4 that's why im tired of waiting
Message 31 of 57
Community Support

Hello! @bwarloe Thanks for posting your questions about the Lollipop update for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active.

Please rest assured we are working diligently to make that software available as soon as possible. In the meantime we invite you to visit us at www.att.com/esupport/softwareUpdates.jsp for the most up to date software information for all our phones.

Thanks!

Charise

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 32 of 57
Teacher

Hi Charise.

Thanks for reaching out to me. However the link you sent me goes to an update we received back in August, 2014 for 4.4.2. The most recent update was Feb 9 (I believe) with version 4.4.4. So I'll take the update site with a grain of salt.

Yours truly,
B Warloe.

Message 33 of 57
Contributor

Yeah that was the same link someone sent a couple replies back. Too bad At&t doesn't seem to be taking the same diligence with this upgrade like they did with the regular gs5. If you want an up to date update page for this phone you can go here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00061471/90115/

That's from the samsung site.
Message 34 of 57
Teacher

Downloading now...

Message 35 of 57
Teacher

Same here - downloading.

Message 36 of 57
Teacher

Finally! My ATT S5 Active is now updated to Android 5.0!

P.S.  Had to manually reboot it one more time for some Google Play Service update that wouldn't update. Google Play Service works now.

Message 37 of 57
Highlighted
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by bwarloe
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Android lollipop 5.0 is now available for the S5 Active! You will receive a notification to your device.

1. Drag down the notification bar, and tap the Settings icon.
  2. Scroll to the System category, and tap About device.
  3. Tap Software update.
  4. Tap Check for updates
    • The phone displays: Software update process will not delete any personal data on your phone. Check the AT&T server for new software update?
  5. Tap OK.
    • The following status messages display: 
      • Checking for update; Processing…The download for the software update will begin in a moment. The software download may take several minutes.
      • Downloading…
    • Software update: A software update is available for your device that requires Wi-Fi connectivity for download progress to begin. Connect to a Wi-Fi network? For a list of free Wi-Fi networks click here AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots.
  6. Select Continue or remind me later
    • The phone displays: A new software update from AT&T is available for our device. This download will occur over Wi-Fi. Please make sure that you stay within the Wi-Fi coverage area while the download takes place. This could take several minutes.
  7. Tap Continue
    • The following status messages display:
      • Downloading software update, Please do not leave Wi-Fi coverage area.
      • A new software update from AT&T is available for your device. This software update will take several minutes and will not delete any personal data on your device. All service (including emergency calls) will be suspended during the install.
      • The device will automatically restart once the new software has successfully installed.
      • Update Complete. The software has been successfully installed. Your device is now ready to use.
  8. Tap Done.

Tags (1)
Message 38 of 57
Contributor

Running lollipop at last! Feels smoother than 4.4.4 and until now, no issues that I can see. Let's see how long till the next outdated update.
Message 39 of 57
Teacher

So far, running nice! It'll take a little getting used to with the new visuals, but nice. Feels like a new phone. I agree, very smooth, very little hesitation, if any. 

I think I'm good with 5.0. I won't complain about future updates - all just a bonus now.

Message 40 of 57
Teacher

I agree it seems to run quite well. The increase in benchmark scores is definitively a nice surprise as well.

Message 41 of 57

Hello fellow s5 active friends.... got the lollipop pushed to my phone last night, i HATE the notifications on the lock screen! Horrible. I checked both the lock screen options and the notification options and there's no way to shut it off. It also now blocks my "owner information" message I had on the lockscreen (said in emergency call ______). Hate it. If anyone finds ways to work around lollipop I'll be thrilled. Crappy update. 

Message 42 of 57
Teacher

Go to Settings, Sounds and notifications, scroll down near the bottom for Never on lock screen, or words to that effect. Took me forever to find that!
Message 43 of 57

OMG YOU'RE MY HERO!!! Thank you!!! Back to my normal lock screen with my fiance's number across the lock screen to call in case of emergency. THANK YOU!!

Message 44 of 57
Voyager

This is crazy....I am still at 4.4.2 and there are no updates available.     And I cannot get again for another 23 hours.

Message 45 of 57
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support