The Samsung Galaxy S24
surfer13134's profile

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

Friday, March 8th, 2019 7:40 PM

Galaxy S10 Update

Does anyone know when ATT will push the Day 1 update that will fix the finger print reader? I got my phone on Wednesday and the reader isnt good at all, Looking at all the tmobile and verizion users the update seems to fix the problem. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@va3592yoshi wrote:

Hi. Some have received the update. But I still have not.

I am still on baseband version G975USQU1ASAT for my s10+ .

Att usually is about 2 months later from when android post security bulletins, to when I receive them on my past att samsung phones.

If I don't receive the March android security bulletin ota update within April or May, I may think something is wrong with my phone.

On some web boards some users on other carriers are reporting they recently received the March android security bulletin ota update and it included included software updates. The users say their new baseband  version then ended in ASBA, which is what the current att s10+  software update  baseband ends in.

So I am thinking, I could be wrong, some may just receive the software updates when they receive the March att android security bulletin. I don't know though and this is just speculation and guessing. Not sure why it takes so long. 😕

@va3592yoshi 

https://www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1333696/Samsung/SamsungSMG975U/

You should have gotten the day 1 patch by now.  I would contact support to see if your imei is right in the system.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

The bad thing is ATT does not give update ETA...  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

It appears Verizon and T-Mobile have already pushed it out. What is AT&T waiting on?  

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

5 years ago

No doubt, Kinda disappointed with ATT. Especially with a bug fix this big I would of thought they would want the update pushed out quickly. I work for Bestbuy mobile and I already had a customer come in today to return his phone from Sprint saying the finger print reader was horrible and went back to his S8, I can only imagine its going to keep happening. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@surfer13134 wrote:

No doubt, Kinda disappointed with ATT. Especially with a bug fix this big I would of thought they would want the update pushed out quickly. I work for Bestbuy mobile and I already had a customer come in today to return his phone from Sprint saying the finger print reader was horrible and went back to his S8, I can only imagine its going to keep happening. 

@surfer13134  @mphmiss 

step back and think about this...  Samsung should be ashamed they released a new phone they hyped up only to have the FP reader not work right..  I have a full disclaimer the test unit I was sent did not have a FP problem.  So what does that tell you they sent review units out that had exynos processors instead of the SD US version for test units.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

5 years ago

Pretty much every device has day 1 updates that fixes bugs, I saw a few youtubers even mention they had issues with the reader and after the update it fixed the problem so all around so its not just SD that has the issue. Atleast Samsung pushed the patch out to correct the issue its just some carriers are taking longer to deploy the patch. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Just manually ran the update check and had an update but not sure what exactly is was for

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I manually checked for updates just now and it had one. Just not 100% sure as to what the update was for exactly.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

5 years ago

Yes just downloaded it as well, the reader seems to be better but it could also be my imagination as well  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Just got my update today. Will see if the fixes the problem. I thought I was just my device with this issue. Guess not! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.